Healthcare system seeks BC/BE Family Medicine Physician to join its Primary Care team. Unlimited potential exists for physicians to join our practice as we expand our health centers to serve additional patients and communities. The communities we serve are economically, culturally, and socially inviting.
- 7 Internists (including 5 Hospitalists) and 8 Family Practice physicians
- Hospitalists provide 24/7 inpatient coverage, including weekends, at Medical Center
- 8 full-time mid-level primary care providers in clinic locations
- A telephone triage system to screen after-hours calls.
- Specialists available in main office offices include urology, orthopedics and sports medicine, general surgery, ophthalmology, and hematology/oncology. Pathologists work at Medical Center’s clinical laboratory.
- Access to Medical Center outpatient clinics including Cardiology, Pulmonology, Endocrinology, Neurosurgery, Ear, Nose and Throat, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, and Rheumatology, along with diabetes counseling (delivered at Health Center) and nutritional therapy
- Status: Full-time: 8-hour shifts, 5 days per week (option #1); 10-hour shifts, 4 days per week (option #2); Weekend hours are provided at our main Health Center, and may become part of the secondary Health Center schedule in response to the health care access needs of our communities. Evening hours are provided at both health centers.
- Patients: Patient profile includes a large cohort of elderly patients with co-morbidities
- On-Call Rotation – Traditional position: approximately one weeknight every 4 weeks assisting hospitalists, infrequent back-up required on weekends
Our clinical staff is fully engaged in quality improvement, earning multiple blue ribbons from the Maine Health Alliance. We are a designated preferred provider for State of Maine employees, and have been recognized by Anthem Blue Cross / Blue Shield as a preferred provider based on the demonstrated quality of care provided to our patients.
For over 38 years the system has provided care to a service area population numbering about 35,000 people. Its has a dedicated, volunteer Board of Directors and a strong, supportive relationship with the Medical Center. It has received recognition as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). PCMH is a comprehensive, coordinated team-based approach that enables patients to take an active role in their health status and decision making. This innovative model puts patients at the center of care as their primary care practitioner leads an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals to treat all aspects of the patient’s health. NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition raises the bar in defining high-quality care by emphasizing access, health information technology, and coordinated care focused on patients.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Generous health and welfare benefits package
- Professional liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Licensing, DEA registration, and medical education loan repayment (if applicable).
- Physicians also receive an annual allowance for professional society memberships, subscriptions (print and online), and Continuing Medical Education.
- All of our primary care health centers are approved for participation in the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayer program.
- This is a FQHC facility - visa candidates welcome. Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa or permanent resident (green) card.
About the Area:
Located in is the most northeastern city within the United States and has a population of approximately 9,000 people. This dynamic community is economically, culturally, and socially inviting. It promotes and aggressively pursues innovative business and economic development, and welcomes, supports and responds to the diversity of new people and new ideas. It prides itself on the high quality of its public school system, extremely low crime rate and family-oriented community activities.
Family ties are strong, self-respect and respect for others is instilled, trust and courtesy are a way of life, and the pace of life is consistent with these ideals. This community celebrates the values and lessons of a multi-cultural heritage that serves as its strength and foundation in a progressive, modern world. It offers an outstanding environment in which to raise a family. Enjoy breathtaking sunsets on nearby lakes. The ocean is within easy travel distance.
Aroostook County provides great hunting and fishing, as well as a multitude of outdoor activities, including camping, biking, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, snowmobiling and downhill and cross-country skiing. The Maine Winter Sports Center was developed as a premier cross-country skiing venue. The Center has hosted several World Cup, Paralympics and Biathlon World Cup events since 2004. Rural northern Maine enjoys a four-season environment, abundant opportunities for relaxed living, welcoming friendly communities, and a variety of recreational pursuits within minutes (rather than the typical hours). A regional airport is available in nearby Presque Isle.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC225934 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: [link removed]
This Physician job opening last updated on 02/22/2024. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on MDJobSite.com.
ABOUT BRITT MEDICAL Client-centric. Driven by technology. And a passion for serving the health care community.That’s the Britt Medical difference! PROVEN INDUSTRY LEADERS Consistently ranked as a top physician recruitment firm. More than 17 years combined experience. ROBUST NETWORK Unparalleled access to more than 450K Physicians and a constantly growing network of referrals. PERMANENT PLACEMENT Delivering highly competent, vetted physicians and APP providers to medical groups, hospitals, critical access facilities — and more! OUR PROCESS CONSULT A brief “intake call” (typically 10 minutes or less) is conducted to communicate the unique details of your open position(s). Your time is valuable – let us do the wor...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company