Chief Medical Officer - 16512 (23728279)
Chief Medical Officer - Miami, Florida!
Join thsi well established and respected MSO managing over 700 providres in Florida!
Exciting opportunity in a growth period for the organization.
Assist in the strategy, direction, and execution of clinical development plans. Report to the COO and President to develop and implement strategies across the organization to be used by the company’s client, including policies and procedures, short- term and long-term objectives and performance improvement. Be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment, be operations-savvy, and thrive in an autonomous, self-starting workplace.
- Participate in the development of the company’s strategic plan, business plan and the implementation of new services to provide a continuum of services.
- Contribute to overall strategy and development to ensure quality management and promote optimum patient experience.
- Keep the leadership team and client updated on all new healthcare regulations and requirements.
- Actively participate in evaluating and recommending Value Based Care and ancillary opportunities for our clients.
- Participate in managed care negotiations adding value from a physician perspective.
- Maintain a very close relationship with CMO of all payors at the local and NATIONAL level to facilitate and optimize negotiations with payors, especially in VALUE BASED and Shared SAVINGS contracts.
- Identify and evaluate ancillary opportunities for client.
- Work with client’s Clinical Line Directors on programs for patient care, education, and research.
- Act as mentor to client’s member and associate physicians and medical staff, through good leadership qualities, patience, and confidence.
- Advise client in the resolution of medically related grievances with physicians and advanced practitioner
- Lead educational sessions and provides ongoing in-service programs to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities, in collaboration with client and the clinical leadership in its facilities.
- Provide, to client, recommendations in the development and/or revision of clinical policies and procedures pertinent to the medical staff and medical staff affairs.
- Evaluate clinical appropriateness of new medical technologies and programs and make recommendations concerning the relevance of such technologies and programs.
- Serve as a professional liaison for the client’s medical staff, patient care services, and other various departments to ensure that patient care needs are effectively met.
- Assist in the recruitment of well-qualified new provider staff members.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Board Certified Physician and in good standing.
- 5+ years in a Medical Officer or Director role preferred.
- Minimum of five to ten years’ experience: providing medical direction, management skills and supervision of teams.
- Deep understanding of Value Based Care programs and ancillary opportunities.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations that impact operations.
- Effective problem solving and ability to analyze and use data for decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle crucial conversations with other providers and leadership.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and EMR systems.