Diabetologist - R31837 (23562988)
Intermountain Healthcare is a system of 24 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services,160 clinics, a Medical Group of 2,400+ employed physicians and advanced practitioners, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. Ranked in the top five of our nation’s health systems for quality, cost, and innovation, Intermountain Healthcare brings 45 years’ experience in making care more accessible and affordable.
Intermountain Healthcare is looking for a Diabetes Care Specialist/ Diabetologist to join our team in Nevada. The Nevada-based medical group is a non-profit entity of Intermountain Healthcare. Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. We offer competitive pay with financial incentives for yielding strong metrics on quality care. Our clinicians receive an excellent benefit package, including CME reimbursement, paid license renewals, generous PTO, and much more. Take advantage of personal and professional growth opportunities including leadership pathways, charitable sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities.
As a diabetes care specialist (DCS) you will deliver comprehensive clinical and cardiometabolic care to diabetic patients. Your role will be an integral part of the diabetes care team that provides collaborative, comprehensive person-centered care, and education conducive to behavior change and improved quality of life of patients managed. Management of diabetic patients using evidence-based therapies that are cost-effective to achieve individualized behavioral and treatment goals that reduce risks and optimize health outcomes.
- Clinic: Locations are LaCanada and Tenaya
- Travel to Pahrump once a month may be required
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Daily patient consensus 18, with average age range of 18-65
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- No call
- Must be knowledgeable in the following areas; pathophysiology, epidemiology, clinical management, cardiometabolic conditions, and self-management of diabetes into clinical practice.
- Cultural awareness
- Working knowledge of diabetes technology
- Unrestricted Nevada MD/DO license
- Current Nevada DEA certificate required prior to start date
- BC/BE in Advance Diabetes Management
- BLS/ACLS certification
- 1 year of experience is required