Executive Medical Director- Patient and Provider Experienc - R41736 (23562984)
Intermountain Healthcare is a system of 24 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services,160 clinics, a Medical Group of 2,400+ employed physicians and advanced practitioners, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. Ranked in the top five of our nation’s health systems for quality, cost, and innovation, Intermountain Healthcare brings 45 years’ experience in making care more accessible and affordable.
Intermountain Healthcare is looking for an Executive Medical Director, Patient and Provider Experience our join our team in Nevada. The Nevada-based medical group is a non-profit entity of Intermountain Healthcare. Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. We offer competitive pay with financial incentives for yielding strong metrics on quality care. Our clinicians receive an excellent benefit package, including CME reimbursement, paid license renewals, generous PTO, and much more. Take advantage of personal and professional growth opportunities including leadership pathways, charitable sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities.
As the executive medical leader, you will drive and foster a culture of highly reliable patient-centered care and work collaboratively across the Intermountain Nevada region to continually improve the patient and provider experience. This leader will identify opportunities and execute strategies for performance improvement in the following areas:
- Safety and Outcomes – Zero Harm and exceptional outcomes to patients and caregivers driven through a culture of high reliability, continuous improvement, and leadership.
- Patient and Provider Experience – relationship-centered care grounded in empathy, dignity, respect, and collaboration.
This position reports directly to the Region Chief Medical Officer for Intermountain Healthcare Nevada.
Essential Job Duties
- Aligns with and supports a proactive, comprehensive strategic quality agenda for the region that inspires caregiver engagement, interprofessional collaboration, the identification and use of evidenced based practice and management among all facilities in the system while differentiating Intermountain Healthcare as a high reliability organization nationally.
- Collaborates with leaders in the Office of Patient Experience across regions and at the enterprise level to ensure alignment with Intermountain Healthcare strategy in the areas of Safety, Outcomes, and Patient and Provider Experience
Patient and Provider Experience
- Leads, directs, and defines accountability for the patient and caregiver experience across the region and will be the region expert on patient satisfaction and service excellence.
- Collaborates and partners within the leadership team to accomplish shared KPI’s and strategic priorities.
- Translates the concepts of service excellence, patient experience, and patient relations into actionable behaviors.
- Collaborates closely with physician leaders, ensuring a strong focus on the patient experience including clinical, quality and safety outcomes.
- Nurture a robust culture of caring through support of caregivers (well-being, joy, resilience) and attention to what matters most to our patients.
- Engages our patients and the community in the work of improving health and healthcare.
- Support the highly reliable execution of evidence-based practices in improving patient experience.
- In partnership with the executive physician leaders of primary and specialty care, supports and manages the design, implementation and evaluation of programs that facilitate professional development and continuous learning of all caregivers.
- Advances a good culture of provider well-being, engagement and leadership accountability to drive best-in-class patient safety, quality and experience outcomes, access, affordability, and caregiver safety.
Safety and Outcomes
- Proactively engages and supports medical leaders and medical staff in advancing a culture of high reliability and accountability for clinical excellence.
- Builds relationships with cross functional executives and leadership across Intermountain’s matrixed organization and create the desired outcomes and goal accomplishment of strategies and initiatives.
- Employs a Caring and Learning approach to nurture a strong internal culture of high reliability.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and guides team to adapt to meet evolving needs of patients and the healthcare industry.
- Is a role model for medical staff members and leaders by demonstrating the behaviors of Intermountain leaders: mission obsessed, drive results, empower each other, acts with courage.
- Embraces and advances diversity in medical staffs, clinical teams, and leadership teams, seeking broad perspective and input.
- APP, MD or DO, Education must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified
- Current Board Certification in their specialty
- At least 5 years of successful and progressive experience in a matrixed health care system
- Demonstrated outcomes in patient safety and experience, provider and caregiver wellbeing and engagement
- Experience in patient experience, patient safety, and/or clinical risk management as a Medical Director or equivalent position in an integrated health system
- MBA, MHA, MMM or equivalent