Psychiatrist Part Time - MH (23067735)
Position Located at Moore Haven Correctional and Rehabilitation Facility
20 hours per week
Evaluates and treats inmates, detainees, or residents (I/D/R) demonstrating signs or symptoms of mental illness. Supervises nursing staff providing mental health services. Responsible for overall psychiatric direction of the mental health program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises clinical activities and medical personnel while on duty.
- Evaluates patients referred for assessment due to mental illness.
- Treats all patients requiring psychiatric intervention.
- Refers patients counseling or inpatient care as necessary.
- Reviews and adjusts as necessary all maintenance medications based on clinical judgment and as required by policy.
- Provides emergency psychiatric care as required.
- Provides in-service education for medical and correctional staff as requested.
- Documents all services provided in the patient’s medical file.
- Participates in review of the quality of care provided.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school with specialty training in psychiatry.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state in which the Facility is located.
- One (1) year of clinical experience.
- Copy of professional license to remain on file at the Facility where services are rendered at all times.
- Maintain a current DPS and DEA Certificate of Registration.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer