Join our Accredited Family Medicine Residency Program as Faculty - Help Shape Tomorrows Family Medicine Physicians - 303 (23039609)
Family Medicine Residency Faculty opportunity in picturesque Maine
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center's Family Medicine Residency program is seeking a BC/BE, Full-Spectrum, Board-Certified Family Medicine provider to join our dynamic faculty in Bangor, Maine. Our residency program offers a "best of both worlds" place to teach and learn Family Medicine: a tertiary care, big-city size and quality hospital with an unopposed, rural medicine training focus, and leadership rooted in Family Medicine and heavily invested in the success of the program. Our program also has Osteopathic recognition and offers a full-spectrum family medicine curriculum including excellent inpatient and outpatient experience in both obstetrics and pediatrics as well as a range of Specialty Clinics and unique elective rotation opportunities. Our team consists of a uniquely different, yet complementary team comprised of:
- 11 Faculty Family Physicians
- 1 Board-Certified Pediatrician
- 1 Certified Nurse-Midwife
- 1 Pharmacist
- 5 Integrated Behavioral Health Specialists
- 2 FNPS
About the Residency program:
- Unopposed 10-10-10 ACGME accredited program
- Specialty clinics within our Family Medicine Residency Clinic (Procedures, Skin Cancer, Gynecology, Colposcopy, Psychiatry, and Multidisciplinary Concussion Clinics)
- Our faculty have a small clinical practice and can devote over 70% of their time to teaching and pursuing a range of diverse interests. We offer a strong and flexible faculty development plan and foster a supportive environment. With a fourth-year residency in ONMM3 and additional fellowships in Palliative Care and Arts and Humanities in Medicine as well as a Clinical Research Department at EMMC, opportunity abounds!
- Learn more about our Residency Program here: [link removed]
Why Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center?
- Time is spent between the Family Medicine clinic and working directly with the residents in the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Robust compensation, benefits and PTO packages
- Sign-on and Relocation Bonus
- Student loan reimbursement programs of up to 20K per year – with no maximum benefits!
- Leadership opportunities, if desired
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is committed to making healthcare work for the people of Maine. It is a 411- bed, regional tertiary care and ACS verified level II trauma center serving a patient population of 500,000 living in the northern two-thirds of the state's geography. The hospital is a base for LifeFlight of Maine, a critical care air transportation service flying nearly 900 missions per year. Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine offers it all ...
- Peace of mind – live in a family friendly, community oriented and vibrant small city
- Opportunity to enjoy generous vacation time in the great outdoors: sea kayak or bike in Acadia National Park, downhill ski at Sugarloaf, hike Mt. Katahdin, fly fish in Baxter State Park, white water raft the Penobscot River
- Regional hub for medicine, the arts and commerce
- Schools rank among New England's best
- Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations
- University of Maine's flagship campus located in nearby Orono provides plentiful opportunity to enjoy the arts, athletics and ongoing learning
- Take a Tour of Bangor with our Family Medicine Residency Staff! (391) A Virtual Tour of the Bangor Region | Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center - YouTube
For confidential consideration, please contact:
Nick Huff, CPRP, CST
OR Text "FMR Faculty" to 207-560-0133