Emergency Medicine - EmergencyMedVTRMMC01 (23012447)
A Large Hospital in Vermont seeks a BC/BE Emergency Physician to assist in summer coverage for its ED department. This candidate will work 3 12hour days shifts then have 1 day off and then can work 3 day shifts again per week. Lodging will provided for them.
Rutland Regional Medical Center is a 144-bed hospital, employing over 1,600 professional and support staff including 242 providers trained in 37 specialty areas. Providing preventive, diagnostic, acute and rehabilitative services, Rutland Regional Medical Center serves Rutland County, portions of southern and central Vermont and communities in eastern New York State.
The hospital’s medical staff is supported by excellent nurses, high quality diagnostic and ancillary services and a broad array of sophisticated equipment technology, including advanced diagnostic imaging, a top-of-the-line linear accelerator used in the treatment of cancer patients, and a diagnostic Cardiovascular and Angiographic Lab.
If you or a loved one needs emergency care, the specialists at this Medical Center’s Emergency Department are available 24/7 to provide you with advanced care – close to home and as quickly as possible.
With an emphasis on patient care and satisfaction, our newly renovated department offers the community the most advanced emergency care in the area:
- 24/7 fast-track process to get patients treated and home as soon as possible
- 26 patient beds, each equipped with cardiac monitors
- 6 safe therapeutic spaces/beds for patients experiencing mental health crisis
- 8 unique hallway beds designed to support surge and improve patient flow
- Enhanced security for staff and patients
- Streamlined staff communications system that improves patient care and reduces disturbing or distracting noise
- Pharmacist workstation to aid staff and physicians with critical and time-sensitive medication decisions
- State of the art bedside ultrasound to gain IV access and perform critical FAST exams for trauma patient
Our focus on managing the flow of our patients — balancing need with available services — has resulted in little or no waiting time for a majority of patients. Our emergency department is proud to boast patient satisfaction levels of 90% or above.
* Must Be Do or MD.
* ABEM Vermont licensed BC/BE Emergency Medicine trained physicians preferred.
* Local candidates desire based on budget.
* Lodging provided.
* Day shifts only choice of few different times.
* Undeclared Level III Trauma.
* As little as 5 shifts to 14 shifts a month available for the candidate.
* 34000 ED visits per year.
* DEA must be current.
* Competitive rate.