Pulmonologist/Critical Care Physician - 22885344
Atlantic Health System is hiring Pulmonologist/Critical Care Physician. Responsible for the provision of both Inpatient (IP) and Outpatient (OP) pulmonary services to patients under his/her care in the Newton Medical Center (NMC) and Hackettstown Medical Center (HMC) geographic areas. Responsible for providing critical care services to critically ill patients at HMC and/or NMC. Physician required to be on medical staff in good standing at HMC and NMC.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 13th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best [link removed]” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
- On-site rounding for intensive care unit patients in collaboration with adult intensive care unit. Physician shall provide the local coordination of care, allowing for application for safety certification by primary care providers, hospitalists, or private critical care physicians.
- Provide critical care services according to the rules, standards, requirements and recommendations of the Joint Commission, NJ DOH and Senior Services and other applicable regulatory agencies, the hospital’s and medical staff’s bylaws and rules and regulations, hospital policies and procedures, and current standards of medical practice. All applicable provisions of law relating to the licensing and regulation of physicians shall be fully complied with.
- Performs critical care services required at the hospital regardless of the patients’ form of insurance or ability to pay including follow up visits in the physician’s office as required to treat, or to complete treatment of the specific medical condition for which specialty care services were initially requested.
- Prepare and submit all statistical, medical and other relevant reports relation to critical care services as requested.
- Participate in quality improvement and utilization review services
- Participate in and comply with any hospital activities and policies regarding length of stay or other utilization management plans
- Shall participate in and cooperate with the hospital during any sentinel event investigations, EMTALA compliance assessments, or other compliance activities
- Complete all inpatient charts within 30 days of discharge
- Assistance in coordination and implementation of evidence-based practice strategies in the development and management of the Hackettstown/Newton Pulmonary Program including:
- Medical oversight and approval of patient application for the Pulmonary Rehab Program and Respiratory Therapy Program
- Participate in defining IP and OP policies and practices, working with the pulmonary navigator, respiratory therapist and respiratory department
- Review and sign patient’s treatment plan initially and every 30 days thereafter
- Assist dept in developing and update the programs standing orders for patient
- Contribute to the overall coordination and development of the pulmonary rehab, pulmonary center of excellence and pulmonary services in relation to the other community agencies and medical facilities
- Assist in implementation of evidence-based practice strategies in the development/ management of a hospital-based pulmonary center of excellence for IP and OP care
- Participate in education programs for the medical staff and community while promoting pulmonary rehab, pulmonary function testing program, tobacco cessation, pulmonary health and other AHS programs and services
- Initiate and or participate in clinical research and system-wide research efforts
- Work collaboratively with Transitions of Care program, and support implementation of targeted care pathways at nursing homes, the ACO and with Atlantic Home Care
- Integrate patient goals of care into IP and OP care
- Monthly review of outcomes data
Critical Care Call Coverage
- Participate in critical care call coverage, participating in call schedule coverage and responding to a call from the ED or IP unit requiring critical care services, responding by phone or in person within 60 minutes after being summoned. The determination as to whether a case requires bedside critical care services shall be made by the critical care services physician following discussion with the ED, AICU or a hospital physician. Cases requiring bedside care include but are not limited to:
- Multiorgan failure; severe or rapidly progressive shock unresponsive to initial management; acute respiratory distress syndrome; severe pneumonia with respiratory failure; severe metabolic derangements
- Responsible for partnering with critical care providers for critical care coverage.
Office Practice Based Duties
- Participate in adult pulmonary and sleep patient care.
- Document complete history and record findings in a systematic format during patient’s visit
- Conduct appropriate follow up to ensure appropriate levels of care
- Participate with all quality improvement and assurance initiatives
- Night and weekend call coverage as agreed upon with colleagues
- Assist Atlantic Health in meeting all regulatory requirements
- Communicate with hospitalists on the care of hospitalized patients as appropriate
- Comply with current state, federal and local laws governing the delivery of care
- Provide open and timely communication with patients, families and their significant others
- Ensure that appearance and personal conduct are professional at all times
- Accept and care for all patients in a manner consistent with compassionate and ethical patient care and Hospital policies
- Accept all managed care plans accepted by Atlantic Health
- Demonstrate knowledge of current coding guidelines and requirements and maintain an error rate within Atlantic Health guidelines
- Complete required reporting in a timely manner. Submit appropriate bills for all clinical activities in a timely manner to the Department of Physician Practice Management Support
- Use and endorse the use of the Practice’s automated systems, as appropriate, including the Epic electronic medical record
- Board Eligible/Certified Physicians.
- Active and unrestricted license.