Optometrist Federal Government - 22612081
Hours of Performance: The performance hours of the MTF are as follows:
Contract HCW’s shall work Monday through Friday, eight hours per day between the hours of 0730 – 1630. The HCW are allowed a 30 or 60 minute uncompensated lunch bread as allowed.
HCW Duties: The duties for the HCW are as follows:
- Examine, diagnose, treat or prescribe courses of treatment for those suffering from diseases, injuries, or disorders of the visual system, the eye, and associated structures as well as diagnose related systemic conditions.
- Promote prevention and wellness, vision conservation, education and training activities, vision screenings and positive eye and vision health behaviors.
- Conduct vision research in a problem area of considerable scope and complexity which requires novel approaches and which results in answers to important questions or important changes in existing methods and techniques.
- Advise and make professional clinical recommendations as to courses of action on problems and considerations of national scope in all areas of optometry.
- Provide full spectrum of clinical services to treat the most complex optometric related patient conditions.
- Obtain an adequate history, physical, assessment and develop a treatment plan in a timely manner on each patient.
- Prescribe and diagnose the therapeutic topical ophthalmic and oral medications for the treatment of ocular conditions to include the diagnosing, management and treatment of glaucoma.
- The HCW shall be familiar with the SRTS (Spectacle Request and Transmission System) and able to order spectacles. Provide medical advice over the telephone. The HCW shall consult with primary care physicians and other specialists on Family Practice Allergy and Infectious Disease issues.
- The HCW shall demonstrate ability in the areas of interpersonal relations problem solving, and conflict resolution.
- The HCW performing under this contract shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
- The HCW shall demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patient. The HCW shall demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served: Infants, Children Adolescent Adults and Geriatric (>65).
- The HCW shall maintain accurate and current notes in patient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produce reports of evaluation and/or treatment as required.
- The HCW shall provide prompt and appropriate referrals through the TRICARE network or to other appropriate Military Treatment Facilities (MTF).
- The HCW shall perform vision/ocular examination portions of various military or civilian occupational physicals.
- The HCW shall prescribe appropriate optical devices, visual training, or other approved treatments for proper patient care.
- The HCW will consult with primary care providers or specialists on family practice allergy and infectious disease issues.
- The HCW shall provide medical advice over the telephone.
- The HCW will perform patient care in accordance with JC (Joint Commission) guidelines and complete all required documentation within 72 hours in AHLTA.
- The HCW will utilize paraprofessionals as appropriate.
- The HCW will assist in quality improvement data collection and review. Assists with problem solving regarding quality improvement issues.
- The HCW will participate in multidisciplinary functional groups and process action teams as needed.
- The HCW will review and submit reports as required.
The HCW will participate in all mandatory training.
Background: Theophilus Enterprises, LLC (TEL), founded in 2017, is the parent company of Theophilus Government Solutions (Prime US Federal Contractor) and Theophilus Commercial Solutions (Management Consulting Firm). Read more about TEL at [link removed]
Apply: If you are interest and available for employment, please send your resume to (use the Apply button to apply for this job).
TEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: TEL is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at TEL are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
- Shall have minimum of two years of clinical practice with the past 5 years.