Chief Psychologist - 021117- (22586330)
Position is located at Rivers Correctional Facility
This position administers and supervises the policies, programs, and practices of Psychology Services including all planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating, and directing activities. In addition it provides expert guidance, advice, and consultation to departmental and institutional staff in relation to the mental health needs of inmates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs all mental health programs for the institution.
- Determines and establishes priorities, develops schedules for completion of work, and makes assignments according to staff capabilities and work requirements.
- Supervise, directs, and coordinates the work of staff including assigning work, evaluating performance, developing training needs, implementing disciplinary actions, and assisting in conflict resolution, employee selections, and ensuring compliance to a variety of employee laws and regulations.
- Formulates policies and procedures relating to psychology services.
- Oversees the overall function of the Drug Abuse Treatment Program.
- Serves as a key member of the facility’s multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Performs psychological assessments and makes appropriate referrals.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy.
- Conducts crisis intervention.
- Reviews disciplinary cases of inmates with mental illness for appropriate disposition.
- Evaluates inmate mental status as to the need for transfer.
- Consults with physician or psychiatrist as needed.
- Provides training for institutional staff on mental health related subjects.
- Participates in review of the quality of care provided to inmates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PhD/PsyD in Psychology required.
- Three (3) years of experience working as a psychologist in a clinical environment.
- Licensed to practice in the State of North Carolina.
Equal Opportunity Employer