Dentist - 19569 (22496967)
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- A Dentist, licensed in the state of New Mexico, is responsible and accountable for supervising the dental staff and managing the dental activity as well as for providing oral health care to patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc.
- Provides overall supervision of the dental department including hiring, coaching, counseling, administering discipline and termination of subordinate staff as needed.
- Provides preventive and restorative treatment to all inmates.
- Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as indicated.
- Performs all general dentistry services including, but not limited to restorative, surgical, periodontal, endodontic and prosthodontic services as described by facility policy.
- Supervise staff in: cleaning of teeth, making impressions for prosthetic devices, planning and maintaining an oral hygiene program, completing appropriate records accurately and all procedures associated with the provision of dental care.
- Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed on-site at facility.
- Provides supervision of staff in instruction of inmates in preventive practices for maintaining proper oral hygiene.
- Forward all outside referrals of offenders to the Medical Director to assure the necessity for such referrals.
- Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the delivery of dental services, and provides direction, guidance, and oversight to the dental staff and programs.
- Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective treatments according to priority and availability.
- Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and ensure that such treatment will not interfere Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms, utilizing applicable dental classification systems ([link removed], APHA).
- Notifies the Wexford Health Staffing Department of vacant or upcoming vacant positions in a timely manner and actively assists the Staffing Department in the filling of vacant positions.
- Is familiar with overtime and commodities budgets and works to remain within budget.
- Complies with and enforces Wexford Health/Facility policy and procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current New Mexico Dental license and current DEA license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree