Surgical Cardiovascular Hospitalist Opportunity at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital - 22496805
MedStar Heart and Vascular Institute at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, MD is seeking a board-certified internist to join our Surgical Cardiac Intensivist Team. This physician will help to support our growing Vascular surgery, Cardiac surgery, and Structural heart programs. Ideal applicants will have several years of experience as a hospitalist. Familiarity in caring for cardiac surgery and vascular surgery patients is a plus.
Clinical responsibilities include multidisciplinary rounding of patients within our 26 bed mixed ICU/step-down cardiovascular unit. In the non-ICU post-operative phase, the physician will evaluate patients pre-operatively and optimize chronic medical conditions prior to discharge. As part of the critical care team, the physician will collaborate closely with our surgery, cardiology, and anesthesiology partners for bedside care as well as programmatic development. Non-clinical duties include quality improvement, optimizing delivery of care, and staff education. The physician is expected to work weekly M-F. No nights or weekends are required. Scholarly activity is encouraged with an opportunity for academic appointment.
- Hospital employed with competitive compensation
- 6 weeks paid time off
- Annual CME allowance
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and a brief letter outlining their interests to Karma Limes at (use the Apply button to apply for this job).
Education Training and Experience Required
- Must be board certified/eligible in internal medicine
- Commitment to clinical excellence is mandatory
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate and co-manage patients with various surgical providers
- Broad knowledge in medical and surgical pathology is required
- Experience with cardiac surgery and vascular surgery is preferred
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area
- Ability to communicate well with the medical team and family