Cardiovascular Intensivist Opportunity at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital - 22485289
MedStar Medical Group offers a uniquely rewarding career in a major marketplace. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that’s right for you and your practice. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input and leadership— as a clinician and healthcare expert.
MedStar Heart and Vascular Institute at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, MD is seeking a board-certified intensivist to join the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit team. Intensivists manage cardiac and vascular surgical patients within our closed ICU. Ideal applicants will have specialized training and expertise in the care of complex cardiac patients. Experience in cardiothoracic surgery and vascular surgery patients is a plus. Dual trained applicants may have the option of splitting clinical duties with other disciplines.
Clinical responsibilities include multidisciplinary rounding of intensive care patients within our 26 bed mixed ICU/step-down cardiovascular unit. The intensivist will supervise the 24/7 advance practitioner team during the day and provide at-home coverage at night. The physician will collaborate closely with our surgery, cardiology, and anesthesiology partners for bedside care as well as programmatic development. Non-clinical duties include quality improvement, optimizing delivery of care, and staff education. Scholarly activity is encouraged during non-clinical time with an opportunity for academic appointment.
- Hospital employed with competitive compensation
- 6 weeks paid time off
- Annual CME allowance
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and a brief letter outlining their interests to Karma Limes at (use the Apply button to apply for this job)
Education Training and Experience Required
- Must be board certified/eligible in critical care medicine
- Commitment to clinical excellence is mandatory
- Broad cognitive and technical skills in the critical care setting is required
- Experience with cardiac surgery and vascular surgery is preferred
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area
- Ability to communicate well with the medical team and family