Traditional Primary Care - Pahrump - R9161 (22434861)
Intermountain Healthcare in Nevada is looking for a Primary Care Physician to join our Primary Care clinic team in Pahrump. Through screenings and preventative care practices, our Primary Care clinics keep patients of all ages feeling healthy. You will lead a team of Caregivers consisting of nurses, specialists, care managers, diagnostic team members and others who support our providers and all work in sync to help our patients stay healthy.
Our medical office building in Pahrump opened in 2017. This 57,000 square foot facility is a single point of care, offering primary care, urgent care, specialty care and imaging, all in one location for about half of the town’s population of 36,000. This location has a Humana neighborhood center and pharmacy, providing onsite help with health plans, along with health, wellness and social activities.
Pahrump is located in Nye County, Nevada, which is 60 miles west of Las Vegas and 60 miles east of Death Valley National Park in California. With its close proximity to Death Valley, Mount Charleston and the Spring Mountains, Pahrump has many options for outdoor adventure. If you prefer to stay local, this small town with a big heart can keep you busy with golfing, hiking, wine tasting, dining, and museum tours. Nevada has no state personal income tax, which can save you thousands of dollars. Providers who serve the community in Pahrump also receive a generous stipend.
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means creating an environment where Caregivers can deliver the best in healthcare and that the quest for clinical excellence is a given. If you are a physician who wants to join our mission of helping Nevada’s seniors live their healthiest lives possible, please contact Tanis Singleton at (702) 479-4815 or (click on the I'm Interested button to request more info about the job).
Our Caregivers enjoy
- Competitive base salary plus bonus incentives
- Excellent benefits package
- CME allowance plus time off
- Paid license renewals
- Malpractice and tail coverage
- Leadership pathways, charitable sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities
- Clinic hours: Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm. 4 10-hour and 5 8-hour shifts/week available
- Avg Daily Patient Census: 20/day (8-hour shift)
- No nights, weekends or hospital call required
- Unrestricted Nevada MD/DO license
- Current Nevada DEA certificate required prior to start date
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Comfortable being a collaborating provider for Advanced Practice Provider(s)
- Comfortable managing narcotics
- Two years of experience in Primary Care
- Managed care experience
- Geriatric experience
- Rural medicine experience