Dentist - 22372236
Provides and supervises the complete dental care of facility detainees/inmates. Evaluates and seeks improvement in the facility dental health program, dental services provided, patient care required/administered, dental operative conditions and equipment in use. Functions as a consultant to the facility staff physician.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates and maintains compliance with company policies for accreditation.
- Performs routine cleaning, drilling, filling, and extraction of teeth in accordance with National Commission for Correctional Health Care Standards for dental care.
- Educates patients on maintaining proper oral health.
- Teaches patients about diet, flossing, use of fluoride, and other aspects of dental care
- Prescribes medications as necessary
- Formulates and create treatment plans on an individual basis after a thorough exam.
- Completes an initial dental screening on all new commitments within seven (7) days.
- Evaluates those patients needing or applying for dental care and makes whatever recommendations deemed clinically appropriate. Takes impressions for dental plates. Sends prostheses to outside dental labs.
- Documents all services rendered in the patient dental health record.
- Monitors need for dental supplies and equipment.
- Provides in-service training for health staff members on appropriate issues, such as dental hygiene, dental care, dental emergencies, and techniques.
- Supervises the work of professional, technical and administrative staff. Provides input into performance evaluation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in dentistry from an accredited dental school required. Licensed to practice as a registered dentist in the state in which the facility is located is required.
- Professional license must remain on file at all times at the facility where services are rendered.
Equal Opportunity Employer