Family Medicine Physician, Clinical Lead - R0068768 (22210468)
Life Changing Work …
HealthCare Partners is looking for Family Medicine Physician, Pod Lead to join our team in Long Beach community. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient’s needs.
This immediate clinical leadership opportunity will be responsible for oversight and outcomes for clinicians at three outpatient clinics and to share accountability with Director, Operations for quality patient care, clinical excellence and financial performance.
Primary Clinic Location: HCP – Willow (2600 Redondo Avenue, Long Beach)
- Position will be approximately .7 FTE clinical and .3 FTE leadership / administrative role
- Patient Schedule: Average of 18 - 20 patients per day
- Initial consults, follow up appointments; office procedures, outpatient setting only
- Established patient panel; primarily adult and senior patient base
- Direct and coordinate all clinical activities that impact our patients at three designated clinic sites in Long Beach community
- Ensure all clinical services meet regulatory and quality standards and guidelines
- Work collaboratively with regional leadership team and clinical Pod Lead team
- Participate in interview and hiring process for new clinicians
- Unrestricted CA Physician License
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- BE/BC in Family Medicine
- Minimum 2 - 3 years’ Primary Care experience required; managed care background preferred
- Comfortable seeing newborns to geriatric age patients
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of recent leadership experience required
- Ability to develop positive interaction with patients, families, physicians, administrators and teammates in order to effectively care for the patient.
- Physician engagement, mentor and coach clinicians
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- EMR Proficient
Long Beach community located in Los Angeles County with easy freeway access to Los Angeles and Orange County; nearby access to Pacific Coast. Satisfy your inner urbanite at downtown Long Beach’s vibrant waterfront scene. From eclectic neighborhoods to sandy beaches, you’ll find Long Beach to be an urban waterfront playground. Long Beach community offers an array of outdoor activities, new state of the art aquarium, well know Grand Prix races, art/theater and wonderful and diverse cuisine and restaurant options. Long Beach airport conveniently located in heart of Long Beach. Community offers wonderful housing communities and excellent school districts.
Healthcare Partners is excited to join Optum! Ahead of us is a world of opportunity. We’re changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment. All of this together is your time to do your life’s best work. SM