Mental Health Training Director/Dixon Correctional Center - MHTD Dixon CC (21939906)
POSITION: Site Mental Health Training Coordinator
FACILITY: Dixon Correctional Center
LOCATION: Dixon, IL
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- This employee is responsible for developing and managing graduate-level practicum students, and pre-doctoral and post-doctoral Interns.
- Conducts interviews with prospective students/interns and recommends acceptance into or rejection from the program.
- Ensures that Affiliation Agreements with participating universities are in place and up to date.
- Conducts or coordinates initial, in-service, remedial, and specialized clinical training. Assigns specific rotations and mental health caseloads. Conducts or coordinates weekly face-to-face clinical supervision meetings.
- Provide training seminars, lectures and didactic support to clinical staff and students. Provide active supervision and mentoring to develop the clinician’s clinical skills and overall professional development. Provides feedback to university officials regarding the student’s/intern’s progress and performance.
- Presents, or coordinates the presentation of seminars or didactic training sessions for pre-doctoral Interns.
- Provide direct training to psychology staff in psychology including DSM-5 disorders that occur within the diverse population.
- Establish assessment and intervention measures providing formal training in psychological assessment tools, establishment of the master treatment plan, implementation of the treatments, assessment of outcomes and reentry planning.
- Participates in the development, implementation, or interpretation of new or revised program, departmental or legislative initiatives.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Licensed as a Clinical Psychologist in the State of Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: At least two (2) years’ experience in providing clinical service in a correctional or forensic setting; have demonstrated experience or expertise in developing and/or managing post-graduate training programs in mental health or corrections; clearly demonstrated organizational and clinical leadership skills, and have excellent clinical observation skills and interpersonal skills.