Physician (FOMC) (3685) - 3685 (21679438)
Work Location: Travis AFB, CA
InGenesis seeks an experienced Physician for Flight and Operational Medicine Clinic. This position will perform a full range of physician services in accordance with privileges granted by the MTF. If you meet the qualifications and are interested in joining our expanding team, please apply!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Direct, perform or assist in the instruction of other health care professionals within the scope of the clinical privileges or responsibilities.
• Examine, diagnose, treat or prescribe courses of treatment within the scope of training, experience, and privileges.
• Provide preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
• Order diagnostic tests as applicable as well as request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
• Technically proficient in directing and teaching other medical staff, providing educational lectures and participating in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction will adhere to Government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocols.
• Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support (5.2.3): Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
• Internship/Residency: Completion of a residency or fellowship in internal medicine acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF. Successful completion of an internship and residency program (corresponding to the specialty required in the TO) which has been approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association. Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting ([link removed], a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training). For purposes of this requirement, graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada. Descriptions of such programs are described below.
o An internship program involves broadly based clinical practice in which physicians acquire experience in treating a variety of medical problems under supervision ([link removed], internal medicine, surgery, general practice, obstetrics-gynecology, and pediatrics). Such programs are in hospitals or other institutions accredited for internship training an appropriate accrediting body.
o A residency program involves training in a specialized field of medicine in a hospital or an institution accredited for training in the specialty by an appropriate accrediting body.
A fellowship program involves advanced training (beyond residency training)in a given medical specialty in either a clinical or research setting in a hospital or an institution accredited in the United States for such training.
• Experience: As required to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions. The applicant must have a minimum of 35 hours of patient care in the past year. Applicant must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the last 10 years having served as a privileged flight surgeon at a US military installation, with experience in:
o [link removed], including (but not limited to) PHA for flyers/special duty personnel, initial certification exams for flying/special duty applicants.
o Aeromedical disposition for flying/special operational duty.
Conducting adaptability rating assessment for military special duty applicants.
o Applying medical, fitness and profiling standards IAW AFIs 48-123, 36- 2905 and 10-203 (including profiling and duty restrictions as Profile Officer).
o Providing primary care for active duty personnel and their family members.
• Board Certification (126.96.36.199.4): Board eligible or board certified as required in the TO. Current board certification in Aerospace Medicine is highly recommended. If not board certified in Aerospace Medicine, then must show proof of completion of any medical residency program and must have a minimum of 3 years of [link removed]
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.