Site Physician - CNMCF - Physician (21312315)
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a
Full-time Site Physician
to join our team of healthcare professionals at the
Central New Mexico Correctional Facility in Los Lunas, Indiana
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Standard medical setting within a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmate patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
- Must have a current Physician license in the state of New Mexico
- Current New Mexico Controlled Substance license
- Current DEA
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: Must be a graduate of an accredited medical school
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of clinical experience preferred
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Experience or training in administrative aspects of health care preferred