Invasive Cardiology - Boise, ID (21095374)
Location: Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center- Boise, ID; Outreach clinics 1-2 times per month
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Traditional M-F clinic hours
Call: Shared equitably among physicians; General (primary) 1:7; Interventional (back-up) 1:5
Salary and Benefits:
•Student Loan Repayment
•PTO & CME Allocation
•Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) is a physician led and accountable 500+ provider multispecialty group with an excellent opportunity for a general invasive, non-interventional cardiologist. Join a 15-physician cardiology group practice integrated within Saint Alphonsus Health System delivering care to the region; including telemedicine opportunities. The Saint Alphonsus Heart Institute is an outstanding comprehensive cardiovascular program with many differentiating services including an accredited Chest Pain center, a Joint Commission Certified Stroke Center, a Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery program, a CVOR that operated on over 400 patients last year, a growing CV Research program, advanced EP lab with Stereotaxis robotics, Lipid Apheresis, and a Women’s Heart Care Program. Boise-based cardiologists participate with hospital administration in co-managing the cardiovascular service line.
Support: 12 APPs; 3 CT Surgeons; 3 Vascular Surgeons; Cardiac ICU; CVOR & CVICU; 74 SAMG primary and specialty clinic locations; Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance network of over 1,800 employed and independent providers; Level II Trauma Center & ED.
Community: Boise, Idaho's Capital City anchors a vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 730,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast’s paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play! For more information on Boise, ID please visit [link removed]
Saint Alphonsus Health System is a growing four-hospital, 714-bed, 74 clinic integrated healthcare system serving southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Saint Alphonsus Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic not-for-profit health systems in the nation. [link removed]
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited cardiovascular disease residency and fellowship program.
- Board certification through the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) in Cardiovascular Diseases OR the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM) with certification of special qualification (CSQ) in Cardiology - or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment.
- Current, unrestricted full license in Idaho and Oregon to practice medicine in all its phases.
- Obtain granting of privileges at SAMC- Boise and other health system affiliated hospitals as needed; valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
- Secure appropriate hospital medical staff privileges to include cardiac catheterizations (left and right heart catheterizations), electrocardiograms, holter and echocardiogram interpretation, stress treadmill testing & supervision, stress echos, defibrillator and pacemaker checks.
- Nuclear cardiology skills are welcome but not required. Echo board certification is also welcome but not a requirement of the position. Clinical interest in managing heart failure patients is desirable.