- Collaborate with other team members to conduct a thorough and comprehensive evaluation of the developmental and psychological status of a child or adolescent.
- Administer, score, evaluate, and report intellectual, cognitive, behavioral, personality, and neuropsychological test data; including findings. The findings should be reported accordingly to the parents or guardians of the child, disciplinary team, and other health professionals who are directly involved in the care of the child or early adolescent.
- Educational programming recommendations may be formulated by the child psychologist based on the assessment findings.
- Work closely with the psychology team to help manage psychosocial aspects of chronic and acute conditions by providing individual and family psychotherapy and /or counseling with patients of the ASCI to promote safety, understanding and good mental health.
- Participate as an active treatment team member, demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development across the life cycle and demonstrate an understanding reflective of the patient’s current status, age (functional), diagnosis and specific needs when devising and implementing treatment.
- Work with families to modify behavioral disorders caused by delayed or hindered development.
Group services offered include:
- Medical services - Two developmental behavioral pediatricians to care for the child and provide support for the parents/guardians.
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) services - Board Certified Behavioral Analysts (BCBAs) and Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) each of whom can provide ABA therapy.
- Psychology - A Child Psychologist and a Pediatric Neuropsychologist who can provide family and individual cognitive behavioral therapy, testing and counseling.
- Therapy Services to assist with developing/maximizing skills - Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and Feeding Therapy.
- Family Support Services - An Educational Resource Coordinator, a Care Navigator and a Social Worker/Resource Coordinator to assist with answering questions through the diagnostic/treatment processes and providing children and families with connections to additional resources
- Billing/Registration – A team of specialists to connect with your insurance provider to determine just what your insurance will cover. These specialists will help you understand what coverage your insurance provides and your responsibility for payment. A member of this team will assist you with scheduling the child’s appointment at the best time for you and child.
- Education: Doctoral Degree in Psychology, Prefer Clinical Psychology or Counseling Psychology. Degree from APA accredited Internship/residency and APA accredited doctorate program required.
- Skills: Strong clinical diagnostic and testing skills. Ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of age appropriate patient needs. Ability to select proper instrumentation/supplies appropriate for developmental age /diagnosis of patients served.
This a wonderful southern community that is located just 30 minutes from Chattanooga, TN, and 90 minutes from Atlanta, GA. The Cherokee called this area The Enchanted Lands for the beauty and serenity of the Appalachian Mountain foothills.
The city's charming downtown, with numerous unique shopping and dining choices, is great for an afternoon of shopping and dinner. Area attractions include: Festivals, Fine Arts, Civil War history, and Prater's Mill Country Fair. Downtown is Georgia’s fifth largest downtown district, with approximately 3,000 employees and 300 businesses.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC222092 and email address to 636-628-2412.
Search all of our provider opportunities here: [link removed]
This Physician job opening last updated on 12/04/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on MDJobSite.com.
ABOUT BRITT MEDICAL Client-centric. Driven by technology. And a passion for serving the health care community.That’s the Britt Medical difference! PROVEN INDUSTRY LEADERS Consistently ranked as a top physician recruitment firm. More than 17 years combined experience. ROBUST NETWORK Unparalleled access to more than 450K Physicians and a constantly growing network of referrals. PERMANENT PLACEMENT Delivering highly competent, vetted physicians and APP providers to medical groups, hospitals, critical access facilities — and more! OUR PROCESS CONSULT A brief “intake call” (typically 10 minutes or less) is conducted to communicate the unique details of your open position(s). Your time is valuable – let us do the wor...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company