We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Pediatric Hospitalist Physician (MD/DO) to join our prestigious healthcare facility. This is a high-priority position with an immediate start date, and we require a physician to provide coverage in our pediatric department. If you are a board-certified or board-eligible Pediatric Hospitalist looking for an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on patients' lives, we encourage you to apply.
Responsibilities: As a Pediatric Hospitalist, your primary responsibility will be to provide comprehensive care for newborns and pediatric patients. Your duties will include rounding daily in the newborn nursery, with an average of 6 patients, rounding in the level 2 nursery with an average of 4 patients, and rounding in the pediatric inpatient unit with an average of 3 patients. You will also be expected to be available for in-house deliveries and be on-call 24 hours a day, although you will not need to be in-house for the entire duration. This position requires a commitment of 2 weeks per month.
- Proficiency in stabilization of a critical newborn for transfer, neonatal resuscitation, intubation, lumbar puncture, peripheral venous access, umbilical catheter placement, circumcision, thoracentesis, and CPAP supervision.
- Monday to Sunday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM for rounding
- 24-hour on-call shifts from 8:00 AM to 8:00 AM, with a 30-minute call back time
- Typical Day: You will be responsible for rounding daily in the newborn nursery (6 patients), level 2 nursery (4 patients), and the pediatric inpatient unit (3 patients). You will be required to be in-house as needed for deliveries and be on-call 24 hours a day, but not in-house for the entire duration.
- Typical Cases Seen: The majority of cases involve well infants and routine deliveries, although we also have a level 2 nursery for newborns requiring a higher level of care.
- Average Inpatients per Day: 15
- Average Admissions per Day: 3
- No APP/Midlevel Coverage
- EMR: Cerner
Join our esteemed healthcare team and contribute to providing exceptional care to our pediatric patients. To apply, please contact Garrett Loverin at Austin Major Group, (214) 396-6025. We look forward to reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to our team.
This Physician job opening was originally posted on 06/02/2023 and last updated on 06/02/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on MDJobSite.com.
- Active PA License and Licensure
- DEA Required
- Board Certified, Board Eligible
- CPR, PALS, NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Minimum Years of Experience: 2