Outpatient Adult Psychiatrist
Job Type: Full-time
Our mission is simple: to provide quality healthcare to America's veterans through our healing focus, indebted hearts, and tireless resolve.
Valor Healthcare operates more than 30 VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor provides a full range of medical services to veterans through the operations of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral health, and more.
Valor is different because of our people.
Our leadership team is compromised of veterans and clinician leaders dedicated to providing exceptional care and world-class patient experience for our Nation's Heroes.
Many of our colleagues have veterans in their families or are veterans themselves, resulting in an individual commitment to customer service that is second to none.
Diagnoses and treats mental and behavioral health conditions. Provides supervision as needed to Mental Health Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists and social workers including psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, short-term, solution focused counseling, education and referral for resources and benefits, and case management. Develops program content and organizes & leads activities planned to enhance social development of individual members and accomplishment of group goals. Collaborates with the core PACT Team (Primary Care Provider, RN and Medical Assistant) and expanded PACT Team including family/caregiver, VA, and community based services involved in developing the patient care plan.
- Interviews individual members to assess social and emotional capabilities by examining patient for symptoms of organic, congenital, or acquired disorders and determines nature and extent.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures and interprets test results for deviations from normal and provides follow up care.
- Counsel patients on the use of prescription medications and educates patients in relation to treatment plan.
- Develops and implements patient management plans and assists in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module).
- Evaluates patients records from medical providers outside the VA and works with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the VA for co-managed care.
- Conducts individual, group, and family and marriage counseling and/or therapy.
- Helps members through group experience to develop attitudes and social skills for improved family relations and community responsibility.
- Addresses issues such as advance directives and organ donation in accordance with acceptable standards.
- Inputs all patients’ information into VISTA/CPRS.
- Completes any and all clinical reminders “due” at the time of each patient visit.
- Assists in co-managed care collaboration with non-VA providers, and facilities.
- Functions as case manager as needed.
- Provides patient and family health education with a focus on self-management, prevention, wellness, related health issues and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Maintains confidentiality of veterans’ data and information.
- Complies with all VA and company training requirements.
- Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care (EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
- Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through the specified VA guidelines.
- Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran and his/her family, both in person and over the phone, as well as to fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- Participate in the clinic’s outreach events to help support the clinic’s enrollment initiatives.
- Support patient enrollment and retention in appointments, follow-up visits or nurse visits.
- Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
This Physician job opening last updated on 05/19/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on MDJobSite.com.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Must comply with and maintain all requirements for a valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment, or in any U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual requirements.
- Minimum of 1-3 years' clinical medical practice with adult patients. Specific requirements could vary based on individual VA contract.
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration.
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed periodically as specified by the certifying agency – AHA valid for two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC contract
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong computer skills, including EMR experience
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- This is considered a safety sensitive position.
What We BelieveOur core values:Devoted in our serviceSelfless in our heartsTrustworthy in our actionsDedicated to diversityCourageous in our soulsUnited in our effortWe’re Honored To Be RecognizedValor was the first CBOC provider to hold The Joint Commission blanket accreditation for Ambulatory Care, meaning any CBOC opened will be accredited by The Joint Commission.Our definition of a patriot is anyone who puts country overthemselves, whether as a member of the military or through anothergovernment agency or department. You’re all heroes to us.We believe that America is full of patriots, and we don’t just mean those who bravely defended our country through military service.Why Inclusion Is Important To UsPerspective is critical in healthcare. We all have different wants,...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company