Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Psychiatrist to join our team of healthcare professionals at Joliet Treatment Center in Joliet, Illinois.
We’re proud to offer our providers an extremely competitive benefits package including:
- Company-paid medical malpractice insurance
- Generous company-paid CME allowance with paid time off to attend
- No completing insurance forms and waiting for reimbursement
- No hassles or overhead costs associated with private practice
- Steady income with no need to look for new patients
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Psychiatrist, licensed in the state of assignment, will be under the supervision of the Medical Director. They are responsible for providing consultation, evaluation, diagnosis and treatment to inmates at the correctional facility. The proper candidate will work effectively with patients, patient families as appropriate, dental staff, and medical and support staff (i.e., pharmacy, laboratory) and consulting physicians and dentist, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide onsite psychiatrist assessment, diagnosis and treatment of those inmates referred by the medical or clinical services staff.
- Provide written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course.
- Screening of inmates prior to community correctional facility placement and evaluation of inmates for possible transfer to a psychiatric treatment facility.
- Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for inpatient Mental Health Unit, to include assessment and diagnostic, staffing, treatment planning, and regular review of all inmates assigned.
- Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for all inmates referred by the Mental Health Unit for those inmates in the general population who need regular psychiatric/mental health follow-up.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel.
This Physician job opening last updated on 03/22/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on MDJobSite.com.
Licensing: Current state MD license
Board Certification in Psychiatry preferred
Current CPR certification
Education: Medical degree; internships/residency in Psychiatry
Preferred experience: Correctional experience preferred
A Message from CEO Daniel L. ConnWexford Health’s core purpose is to revolutionize health services, exceeding the ever-changing expectations of our clients.Ambitious? Perhaps.But over the past two decades, Wexford Health has developed expertise in areas that enable us to make our vision and mission a reality. We apply our excellence in these 5 vital areas to provide clients with correctional health care programs of unequaled value and efficiency. Quality care: Wexford Health has a 100% success rate for our clients who choose to pursue industry accreditation. We maintain a dedicated internal...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company
Joining MDJobSite.com is easy and fast! Simply fill out this form to start locating and applying for top Physician jobs.