TeamHealth is seeking a Medical Director to join our pediatric emergency department team at AdventHealth for Children in Orlando, Florida. Our flagship Pediatric ED opened in 2008. We now staff two dedicated PEDs Emergency Departments in the Orlando area, with a new department opening in Fall 2019. Our flagship location, AdventHealth for Children, is a 16-bed department with an annual patient volume of 30,000, admitting between 10 and 12 percent. We provide 24 hours of physician coverage each day and 22 hours of advanced practice clinician coverage daily. Our second department is located at Advent Health East Orlando, with an annual volume of approximately 18,000 visits. AdventHealth for Children has excellent cardiac, epilepsy, cardiac surgery, liver/kidney transplant, bone marrow transplant, pulmonary, and immunology programs. In addition, our clinicians also receive the support of our pediatric ICU and Hospitalists 24/7. TeamHealth is scheduled to open our third dedicated pediatric emergency department in Fall 2019 at our AdventHealth Celebration location. The ideal pediatric ED Medical Director candidate will have current director or leadership experience. We ask that you be board certified in Emergency Medicine with a PEM fellowship, board certified in Pediatrics with PEM fellowship, or double board certified in Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine. We do provide scribe coverage for our physicians, along with full benefits outlined below.
- Competitive compensation model with leadership stipend
- Full benefits including dental, vision, 401K with match, SERP and short-term and long-term disability
- Paid ACEP / AOA annual dues
- Annual CME allowance
- Signing and relocation incentive packages
- Scribe program reduces your administrative burden
- Priceless intangible benefits like the mentorship and support of a national network of world-class Emergency Medicine experts