Psychiatrist needed for Brooklyn and Manhattan. #3071
Your responsibilities include:.
• Conduct comprehensive psychiatric assessments and craft an holistic service plan, based on a biopsychosocial and cultural formulation
• Provide psychiatric follow up visits, treatment for co-occurring substance use disorders and respond to crisis situations;
• Serve as the medical leader for the team, directly supervising Nursing Staff, participating in team meetings to evaluate risk and risk management needs, and coordinating care with family and other community treatment providers, along with Nursing Staff and Program Director;
• Deliver best standards of care, including integrated care, and best prescribing practices.
This is a full or part time position, where you will join a community of passionate psychiatrists, working closely with our medical director, with regular one-on-one meeting, as well as established group psychiatrist meetings. You will have the opportunity to teach trainees, take on added leadership role, and make changes at a system level, should any of that be of interest to you.
You must be:
• Licensed as a physician by the NYS Education Department;
• Certified by, or eligible to be certified by, the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology;
• Experience in community psychiatry, working with people with serious mental illness, and co-occurring substance use disorders;
• Spanish speaking preferred.
We offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training.
For more information on this and other GREAT psychiatry jobs, contact Tim Leigh at SELECT inc, (877) 499-9889 or (register or log in to show contact information).
This position is specific for a Board Prepared or Board Certified Psychiatrist. Requirements then are that the successful candidate would have a degree as an M.D. or D.O. with proven residency training in Psychiatry.