STG International is seeking qualified candidates for the Physician position to work full-time providing health care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility. **We are willing to help an MD obtain his LA license for the position and will offer a referral bonus to any MD who can refer a Physician for this position.**
- Planning, implementing, directing, and controlling the clinical aspects of the total comprehensive health care programs.
- Provide and oversee care appropriate to patient needs, severity of disease, condition, impairment, or disability within the scope of care provided in the detention setting (short stay unit care vs. ambulatory care) and within the mission, vision, and goals of the organization. Assure that appropriate diagnostic services are available, utilized, and monitored.
- Serves as on-site Medical Authority within the scope of the services provided by the organization reporting to and seeking guidance from the Medical Director as appropriate.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating all aspects of health care delivery at the Service Processing Center.
- Responsible for appropriate contributions as directed by the Health Service Administrator (HSA) to accreditation preparation and survey process. • Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) • National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) • American Correctional Association (ACA)
- Incumbent has clinical supervision over the Nurse Practitioners (NP) and Physician Assistants (PA). In the event that the HSA is a non-clinical person, the incumbent will also have clinical supervisory responsibility over the nursing staff and pharmacy.
This position is located at a National Health Services Corp (NHSC) approved site. The NHCS offers loan repayment programs to primary care provider in health professional shortage areas. For more information on the loan repayment program, go to nhsc.(Join Now or Login to see Contact Name)sa.gov.
STG International, Inc. (STGi) is a dynamic government contracting company dedicated to providing leading-edge Medical Staffing services, Human Resource Services and System Solutions, Management and Data Resources Consulting Services, and Professional and Administrative Services to our government and military clientele.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STGi was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. As a woman-owned, minority-owned business, recruiting a diverse corps of employees is important to us. We look for individuals with talents both broad and focused and who are looking to make a difference in our country – one patient at a time, one solution at a time.
STGi offers an outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy. STG International is an EEO compliant organization.
- Knowledge of the clinical aspects (To serve as a clinical expert in the provision of technical assistance and consultation, and provide for the management of clinically oriented staff).
- Knowledge of issues confronting the health care delivery system, including problems and concerns of special population groups.
- Board certification in family practice, internal medicine, or related specialty.
- License to practice medicine and teaching experience. (To establish a recognized level of expertise in interactions with other clinical providers and for developing and assessing clinical educational programs). Must have a license to practice in the state where the facility is located.
- Knowledge of congressional mandates, legislative intent, program policies and guidelines, operating procedures, and various departmental initiatives. (To interact with a wide variety of cultures, organizations, and special interest groups).
- Knowledge of organizations and responsibilities of all levels of government operations. (To communicate with Congress, Federal Agencies, and other related organizations).
- Mastery of managerial and administrative practices. (To provide expertise in routine management of responsibilities).