Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Our Sound Physicians teams include three service lines- emergency medicine, critical care, and hospital medicine - all working together for additional collegiality and exceptional results including higher patient satisfaction!
- Carondelet St. Josephâ€™s, a premier medical campus with accredited stroke and chest pain programs, neurological institute, joint replacement center, and minimally invasive robotic surgical suites
- 480-bed hospital with 44-bed Medical Surgical ICU with a dedicated 12 bed Neuro CCU and Step Down Unit and 36 Neuro Med/Surg private rooms
- Established 20 physician team with two advanced practice providers and two clinical performance nurses
- Swing shift schedule; part-time option available
- Excellent subspecialty back up
- No procedures
- ED handles admissions
- Closed ICU; Sound intensivists provide excellent 24/7 ICU coverage
- Board certified or eligible in internal or family medicine (with acute care experience); board exam must be completed within 1 year of hire date
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstituteâ„¢, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physiciansâ€™ Path to Partnershipâ„¢ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the heart of Southern Arizona, Tucsonâ€™s culture is based around its outstanding quality of life, fine schools, excellent healthcare and abundance of eclectic housing options. Tucson is known for 350 days of sunshine, outdoor excursions, and extensive arts culture. Visit the world-class Fred Lawrence Whipple Observatory or enjoy the nature at Tohono Chul Park and the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.