Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Thomas Memorial Hospital is a respected not-for-profit hospital that has served the community of South Charleston since December 1946. As a part of the Thomas Health System, Thomas Memorial Hospital is a partner of St. Francis Hospital located in Charleston, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and was voted one of the 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in America
- 266-bed, not-for-profit, hospital
- Established 10 physician team with 4advanced practitioners and clinical performance nurse
- No call / no procedures
- Minimal code environment
- Semi-open ICU
- H1B/J1 eligible facility; access to Soundâ€™s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstituteâ„¢, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physiciansâ€™ Path to Partnershipâ„¢ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Several suburban communities surround the city of Charleston, including the upscale community of South Charleston, which is home to just over 13,000 residents. South Charleston offers both new and historic housing options with excellent public and private school systems. Cultural and recreational activities include the Sunrise Museum, WV Symphony, the State Capital Cultural Center and the Clay Center for Performing Arts. With an easy drive to Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cincinnati, Washington, DC, and Charlotte there is so much to see!