CONTRACT PHYSICIAN - PART TIME - 4 HOURS / WEEK - Baton Rouge
Immediate opening for a part time Center Medical Director!
CLIA LAB Director
- PATHOLOGY-TRAINED PREFERRED
- Seeking a Part time Contract Physician who will be responsible for ensuring donor suitability, product integrity, and the continued good health of donors through compliance with FDA regulations and our Donor Center SOP.
- You will not be seeing patients in this role, you will primarily be quality checking work and information and signing off on that.
- We do provide on-the-job training. The position requires just 4 hours per week and it is a perfect opportunity to earn additional income.
- The center will be open limited hours in the beginning as it builds a donor base. Likely the hours will be 8am-5pm M-F. Eventually, the center should be open extended hours 7 days a week.
- Oversee EMT/LPN/RN (Physician Substitute) performing the following tasks:
- Determine plasma donor suitability based on company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). This includes:
- Review of medical health histories
- Physical assessment
- Review of plasmapheresis procedure, hazards, potential adverse reactions, and specific immunization programs if applicable
- Providing informed consent
- Counseling of donors regarding deferrals
Documentation of interactions with donors Review of donor treatment and suitability following adverse events related to plasmapheresis. Provide training for donor center medical personnel including, Physician Substitutes and other Physician(s). Review lab results, as required, and exercise independent judgment to determine donor’s future suitability.Requirements: The positions require just 4 hours per week and are a perfect opportunity to earn additional income.
Must be a graduate from a licensed medical or osteopathic school. Requires current state license. Must be CLIA certified for moderate complexity testing or be willing to complete the required coursework for such certification (estimated 20 hour course) within 6 weeks.
Candidate Details 1+ to 2 years experience. Somewhat flexible schedule to visit our donor center every week (4 hours a week). This can be completed in one visit per week or multiple visits if preferred.... but must come at least once a week. Candidates will be detail oriented as they must review donor records. Ideally, they will be available by phone during the hours the donor center is open in case the nurses/EMTs have questions (we try to limit phone calls as much as possible). Distance to donor center is very important. We seek physicians who live or work within 40 miles of the donor center.
We have evening and weekend hours so feel free to try us at any time.
Norman E. Toy | NetPro Search | Office: 716-881-6102 | 866-808-3800
ntoy(a)netprosearch.com | www.netprosearch.com