Location: Boise Hospital (main campus); Outreach clinics 1-2 times per month
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Traditional M-F clinic hours
Call: Shared equitably among physicians, General and Electrophysiology 1:6
Salary and Benefits:
•Student Loan Repayment
•PTO & CME Allocation
•Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) is a physician led and accountable 450+ provider multispecialty group practice that has an excellent opportunity for a general cardiologist to join a 15-member cardiology group practice that is employed by and integrated within Saint Alphonsus Health System. Boise-based cardiologists participate with hospital administration in co-managing the cardiovascular service line. SAMG, with primary and specialty care providers at 74 clinic locations, is also a member of the Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance, a network of over 1,800 employed and independent providers.
The Saint Alphonsus Heart Institute is an outstanding comprehensive cardiovascular program with many other differentiating services which include an accredited Chest Pain center, a Joint Commission Certified Stroke Center, a Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery program, a CVOR that operated on over 400 patients last year, a growing CV Research program, advanced EP lab with Stereotaxis robotics, Lipid Apheresis, and a Women’s Heart Care Program.
This position fills a growing niche within the Cardiology Service Line that addresses the specific needs of women related to their cardiology care. Given heart disease is the leading cause of mortality in women, the position will focus on the unique ways heart disease presents within that population and specifically address those symptoms. The incumbent will be able to join a rapidly growing comprehensive women's heart program that is developing a unique clinic space to address the needs of that population. This project will create a state of the art cardiac care medical environment that responds to those unique needs and concerns. It is expected that this sub-specialty clinic will set the standard for outcomes and patient satisfaction within the Heart Institute.
Requirements include a strong cardiovascular disease background with excellent training as well as a desire to develop a practice to support a growing multi-specialty medical group. In providing this support in a multi-disciplinary and collegial fashion, you will obtain Idaho and Oregon medical licensure to maintain and strengthen the Health System’s heart care programs across all communities we serve. This opportunity also requires granting of privileges at SARMC and other system hospitals as needed. Saint Alphonsus Health System (SAHS) is the regional leader in telemedicine innovation and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to integrate the use of telemedicine into their practice to reach and better serve more remote communities.
Support: 12 APPs; 3 CT Surgeons; 3 Vascular Surgeons; Cardiac ICU; CVOR & CVICU; 74 SAMG primary and specialty clinic locations; Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance network of over 1,800 employed and independent providers; Level II Trauma Center & ED.
Community: Boise, Idaho's Capital City anchors a vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 690,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast’s paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play! For more information on Boise, ID please visit www.cityofboise.org.
Saint Alphonsus Health System is a growing four-hospital, 714-bed, 74 clinic integrated healthcare system serving southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Saint Alphonsus Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic not-for-profit health systems in the nation. www.saintalphonsus.org.
To submit your CV, or for more information, contact Jason Schultz at (register or log in to show contact information) or (208) 302-9132.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited cardiovascular disease residency and fellowship program.
- Board certification through the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) in Cardiovascular Diseases OR the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM) with certification of special qualification (CSQ) in Cardiology - or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment.
- Current, unrestricted full license in Idaho and Oregon to practice medicine in all its phases.
- Obtain granting of privileges at SAMC- Boise and other health system affiliated hospitals as needed; valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
- Secure appropriate hospital medical staff privileges to include cardiac catheterizations (left and right heart catheterizations), electrocardiograms, holter and echocardiogram interpretation, stress treadmill testing & supervision, stress echos, defibrillator and pacemaker checks.
- Nuclear cardiology skills are welcome but not required. Echo board certification is also welcome but not a requirement of the position. Clinical interest in managing heart failure patients is desirable.