Location: Boise Hospital (main campus); Outreach clinics 1-2 times per month & affiliated telemedicine network facilities.
Status: Full Time; Employed
Schedule: Traditional workweek M-F, plus weeknight & weekend call.
Call: Shared equitably with eligible Department of Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery members (i.e., general and electrophysiology cardiologists) (approximately 1:7 weeknights and weekends)
Salary and Benefits:
•Student Loan Repayment
•PTO & CME Allocation
•Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) is a physician led 480+ provider multispecialty group seeking an invasive, non-interventional cardiologist with a passion for, and commitment to women's heart care to join a well-established, growing comprehensive Women’s Heart Care Program as part of a 15-provider practice at the Saint Alphonsus Heart Institute.
This position fills a growing niche within the Cardiology Service Line that addresses the specific needs of women related to their cardiology care. We offer expertise in the unique manifestations of cardiovascular disease in women including microvascular disease, endothelial dysfunction, dysautonomia, stress cardiomyopathy, SCAD and cardio-oncology. Invasive coronary reactivity testing and invasive hemodynamic assessment for diastolic dysfunction are also provided. Utilizing a patient-centered approach to care, we work closely with other specialists and primary care providers to optimize the patient's care and healthcare experience. Excellent bedside manner and clinical acumen are a must!
A vital component of SAMG, the Saint Alphonsus Heart Institute is a comprehensive cardiovascular center that has seen rapid growth in recent years. In response, we have expanded services and supported programs to provide state of the art care including a hybrid atrial fibrillation program, structural heart program, minimally invasive cardiac surgery program, a growing CV research program, advanced EP lab with Stereotaxis robotics, and a women's heart care program.
Support: Providers are employed by SAMG and integrated within Saint Alphonsus Health System. Boise-based cardiologists participate with hospital administration in a co-management structure to manage the cardiovascular service line. SAMG, with primary and specialty care providers at 74 clinic locations, is also a member of the Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance, a network of over 1,800 employed and independent providers.
Community: Nampa, Meridian and Boise anchor this vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 690,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast’s paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play!
Saint Alphonsus Health System is a growing four-hospital, 714-bed, 74 clinic integrated healthcare system serving southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Saint Alphonsus Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic not-for-profit health systems in the nation. To learn more about Saint Alphonsus, please visit www.saintalphonsus.org.
To submit your CV, or for more information, contact Jason Schultz at (register or log in to show contact information) or (208) 302-9132.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree.
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency and cardiovascular disease fellowship program.
- Board certification in Cardiovascular Diseases through the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM) with certification of special qualification (CSQ) in Cardiology - or obtain certifications within 3 years of employment.
- Unrestricted full license in Idaho and Oregon to practice medicine in all its phases
- Obtain Idaho medical licensure and granting of privileges at SARMC – Boise, SAMC- Nampa and other health system affiliated hospitals as needed; valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
- Secure appropriate hospital medical staff privileges to include left and right heart catheterizations, electrocardiograms, holter and echocardiogram interpretation, stress treadmill testing & supervision, stress echocardiography. Echocardiography board certification or testamur status from the ASE is encouraged. Nuclear cardiology skills are welcome but not required.