Director, Center Medical
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Center Medical Director works with the Center Leadership Team at assigned Center, and under the direction of the Regional Medical directs the Center’s medical policies and programs ensuring the delivery of affordable, efficient, responsible and accountable occupational healthcare of the highest quality to business, industry and patients in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures.
- Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient experience.
- Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
- Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes: Practice Indicators, COP, GRV, LOS, TAT, Specialist Referral Rate, Primary Care Case Duration, Days to First Recheck, % of cases with Lost Time, Limited Duty, and Full Duty.
- Manages clinicians and support staff, and complies with APC supervisory requirements.
- Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
- Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
- Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care orders.
- Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations.
- Drives patient and client experience metrics.
- Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes.
- Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
- Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
- Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
- Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the center.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration within CLT and across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
- Promotes center initiatives and work flows that are consistent with those in other centers.
- Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business metrics.
- Direct reports: Yes, Staff Physicians, Physical Therapists, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants
- Indirect reports: Yes, Medical Support Specialists, Medical Assistants, Radiologic Technologists, Licensed Practical Nurses
- Budget responsibility: Yes
- Medical degree from accredited university
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Five - eight years directly applicable experience
- Medicine knowledge
- Biology knowledge
- Chemistry knowledge
- Systems evaluation knowledge
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance
- Administration and management knowledge
- Customer and personal service knowledge including needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Judgment and decision making
- Critical thinking
- Speaking to effectively convey information to supervisors, peers, or customers
- Instructing skills to teach others