The highly productive orthopedic department at Sentara RMH Medical Group (SRMG) seeks an experienced physician leader to continue the vision to be the healthcare provider of choice in the communities they serve. The Chief of Service Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, a newly created position, will join an established practice with many specialists producing well above the 90th percentile. Be part of a group focused on the values of People, Quality, Patient Safety, Service and Integrity. Through their dedication to being the choice for healthcare in the region, SRMG has recently completed a state-of-the-art Orthopedic Center next to the hospital and opened the new OrthoJoint Center at Sentara RMH Medical Center (SRMH) in October 2016. The orthopedic team at SRMG is committed to providing the highest quality program possible to the community.
Highlights of the position:
- Lead a high producing orthopedic group with an opportunity to build a robust practice quickly
- Collaboration with SRMG leadership to develop the department's vision
- Enjoy the support of an engaged team of administrators and practice managers
- General Orthopedic call 1:10; ER call 1:8; Physician Assistants take first call
- Dedicated Physician Assistant to work with each surgeon
- Market-leading compensation
- Additional performance and productivity bonuses
- Robust retirement package and pension plan
Why Join Sentara?
In May 2011, RMH Medical Center partnered with Sentara Healthcare, one of the nation’s top integrated healthcare systems. Sentara Healthcare has come a long way since 1888 when it was first established as the 25-bed Retreat for the Sick in Norfolk, VA. Flash-forward more than 125 years: Sentara Healthcare is now comprised of 12 acute care hospitals with more than 300 sites of care throughout Virginia, northeastern North Carolina and beyond.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven track record as a builder and a collaborator
- A minimum 5 years of unrestricted practice as a board certified orthopedic surgeon and 3 years of leadership experience
- Superior clinical, administrative, and people management skills
- An advanced degree is highly preferred
- Knowledgeable of current market trends in Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
Harrisonburg, Virginia, is centrally located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. Known as “the Friendly City,” Harrisonburg is the twelfth largest city in Virginia. Harrisonburg and Rockingham County combined have an area population of 120,000 people. Quality of Life is one of the primary factors that draw people to live and work in this area. The city has won several awards in recent years, including "#6 Favorite Town in America" by Travel + Leisure and the "#15 Best City to Raise an Outdoor Kid" by Backpacker Magazine. Harrisonburg is within an hour of Charlottesville, two hours to Washington D.C, Richmond and Roanoke.
The rich land of the Shenandoah Valley stretches through western Virginia and the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, bounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians, and the Potomac and James Rivers. From outdoor recreation and scenic drives in these beautiful natural landmarks, to farmers markets, wineries and breweries, museums, shopping and family fun, the area truly offers something for everyone.
Find even more reasons to check out Harrisonburg by visiting this site: http://www.visitharrisonburgva.com
Discover more about the Shenandoah Valley here: https://www.visitshenandoah.org
Join our team at Sentara RMH Medical Group!
For additional information, please contact:
Executive Search Consultant
Jordan Search Consultants
(register or log in to show contact information)