The Internal Medicine Department’s current faculty consists of twelve ambulatory physicians and fifteen hospitalists. The faculty enjoy a friendly and collegial environment, and maintain the belief that providing high quality, ethical care takes precedence over other considerations, which creates a sense of comradery and compassion among their faculty members. Teaching has been at the heart of the division since its inception, and they continually strive to enhance their residency program, which includes fourteen residents per year.
The Department of Internal Medicine is committed to the mission of the School of Medicine to assist the people of central and southern Illinois in meeting their health care needs through education, patient care, research and service to the community. Founded in 1970, SIU has received national and international recognition for innovation in medical education and offers a welcoming environment for dedicated clinicians who love to teach. Memorial Medical Center is a 500-bed community hospital that serves the community and is a teaching site for SIU SOM. In May 2015, Memorial Medical Center opened the new Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation, expanding SIU’s vision to be a national leader for excellence in healthcare learning through skills training and simulation labs.
Highlights of the position include:
- Enjoy a 4-day work week with flexibility in your schedule.
- Collaboration with faculty nationally recognized for innovative medical education,cutting-edge research and quality healthcare.
- Teaching, mentoring, and providing training for medical students and residents.A highly competitive salary, excellent benefits package and University funded malpractice plan.
- Great work/life balance in Springfield, IL, a “Top Places to Live” community. Family oriented neighborhoods, excellent schools, affordable housing and abundance of cultural and recreational activities.
- Easy access to metropolitan amenities in Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis.
Qualifications: Must have a MD or DO degree and be board eligible/board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of Illinois.
For full consideration: A letter of interest and curriculum vitae should be directed to the executive search firm: Jordan Search Consultants c/o Matt Jordan by email, Click to contact; by phone, 314.299.7222; or by mail to Jordan Search Consultants, 113 Church Street, O’Fallon, MO 63366.