The WJB Dorn VA Medical Center located in Columbia, SC is searching for a BE/BC Wound Care Specialist.
* The Wound Care Surgeon/Physician is accountable to the Chief, Surgical Service, for assuring the most effective delivery of care in Wound Care Section while meeting and exceeding compliance standards.
* The Wound Care Surgeon/Physician participates in and/or manages all aspects of a wound care surgery, to include inpatient and outpatient clinical components.
* The Wound Care Surgeon manages patient care workload within available staffing, which may include fee basis physicians, contracted physicians and physician assistants in addition to performing the administrative components of patient care management, such as: dictation of progress notes, OP reports, discharge summaries, signatures, and consultation referrals for inpatients and outpatients, etc.
Work Hours: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Salary Range: $200,000 to $400,000 per year
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Must meet physical requirements outlined for this job
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/