- Seeking BC/BE Orthopedic Surgeon to join multispecialty group.
- Group consists of 30 physicians and 20 advanced practitioners.
- Full-Time Position.
- Patients: Community profile includes a large cohort of elderly patients with co-morbidities, extensive engagement with middle school, high school, junior college and university athletic programs.
- On-Call Rotation – 1:3, with the expectation that call will be handled collaboratively with other orthopedic surgeons in the practice group.
- Hospital Employed with competitive benefits and compensation.
- J-1 & H1B visa holders welcome to inquire
Caribou is located in Northern Maine on the US/Canadian border, and enjoys strong economic and cultural ties with the Canadian Provinces of Quebec and New Brunswick. Cross-border partnerships and relationships are a common facet of life in Caribou. Though certainly Northern in location, the area is hardly remote. It is readily accessible by two major highways; U.S. Interstate 95 from the South and the Trans Canada from the North. Regular air and rail service is also close by. Portland(5hrs), Boston (6 hrs), Quebec (1+ hrs) and Montreal (2+ hrs) are easy drives. The rural American lifestyle and the beauty of the land, combined with the incredibly attractive cost of living (far below the average in New England) make Caribou and Aroostook County appealing to many 4-season outdoor enthusiasts. Aroostook offers more than 2,000 lakes, streams, and rivers, with plenty of opportunities for camping, hiking, biking, golfing, canoeing, fishing, and white water rafting. during The Maine Winter Sports Center promotws Biathlon, Nordic and Alpine skiing with world-class facilities in Aroostook County, and hosts Biathlon World Cup events regularly at nearby Fort Kent - attracting Olympian-class athletes from around the world. The Paralympics’ Nordic World Championships and the World Junior Championships for Biathlon were also awarded to this region. The Greater Caribou area is also nationally recognized for its well-groomed extensive snowmobile trail system; Caribou maintains 170 miles of the County’s 1600-mile snowmobile trail system. Even international travel by snowmobile is convenient. Running through the heart of Aroostook County are the Northeast Snowmobile Trail (NEST) and International Snowmobile Trail System linking Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and the Province of Quebec.
Celena Knapp, Vice President
Health Search New England
(register or log in to show contact information)