• Full time Gastroenterologist sought for our busy practice office in Biddeford, Maine.
• Our Biddeford office currently has two physicians and one nurse practitioner, but one of our physicians in retiring in the spring of 2016.
• A new physician would be able to walk into a very busy, well-established practice.
• General gastroenterology - no ERCPs.
• Time would be spent in the outpatient office, as well doing procedures at Southern Maine Health Care (across the street).
• Weekday call is 1:3 (SMHC-only) and weekend call is 1:5 (includes coverage of Mercy Hospital in Portland).
• We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a guarantee for the first year. Once off of the guarantee, physician moves into a salary plus productivity incentive-based bonus.
• SMHC has a comprehensive benefits package.
Biddeford, Maine: Home of UNE Medical School. This one of the most livable regions of the nation. You’ll find an incredible natural environment and friendly people. A long-time popular tourist destination with its scenic harbors, beaches, and lighthouses, southern Maine also has a vibrant arts and social life. Nearby Portland and Portsmouth, N.H., are known for their cultural offerings, restaurants, nightlife and boutiques. Greater Portland, for instance, was ranked among the top 20 livable small cities in 2010 by the American Institute for Economic Research, and Outside magazine ranked Portland as the East Coast's best place to live for outdoor sporting and overall quality of life. In 2009 Portland was first on Forbes.com's list of "America's Most Livable Cities" and was named "America's Foodiest Small Town" by Bon Appetit magazine. In addition to downtown Biddeford’s amenities, the restaurants and shops of Kennebunkport are less than 15 minutes away. You can boat and sail along the Southern Maine coast past scenic lighthouses or Walker’s Point, former President Bush’s summer retreat. Or you can swim and relax at nearby beaches. The area offers more than 100 miles of trails for jogging, biking, hiking, cross country skiing and other activities. The White Mountains of Maine and New Hampshire, as close as 1 ½ hours, with great for skiing and hiking. 30 minutes from Portland, ME and 90 minutes from Boston, MA.
Celena Knapp, Vice President
Health Search New England
a Division of Jordan Search Consultants
(register or log in to show contact information)