I work with a well-established Urgent Care group in Illinois and Indiana and one of our brand new clinics in Rockford, IL is hiring for a full time physician. We are looking for a physician who is excited about performing procedures.
Very competitive pay, amazing benefits, great environment with one of the lowest turnover rates for physicians in Illinois!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment
- Triage patients to differentiate between immediate and less urgent care
- Manage private, pre-employment, and workers compensation patients effectively
- Order diagnostic tests such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests and interpret test results
- Perform digital blocks, and regional anesthesia
- Perform minor outpatient surgical procedures such as tendon repair, wound closure and management, incision and drainage, and needle biopsy
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as aspirations and injection of joints, bursas, and cysts
- Perform closed reductions of fractures and dislocations
- Apply and modify braces, casts, splints, and other orthopedic appliances
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens
- Communicate with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information
- Communicate patient needs, diagnosis, and course of treatment to the patient, company, as well as other clinical staff and instruct and educate patients about discharge instructions if applicable
- Participate in company required CME courses and perform CME credits to maintain license
- Supervise Advanced Practice Providers to assure compliance of all applicable regulations
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously deal with patients, families, clients, co-workers, clinical staff, and other providers
- Knowledge of computer function and basic office equipment
- Organizational and analytical skills necessary to maintain efficient workflow
- Ability to use the necessary equipment such as the nebulizer, EKG machine, etc.
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Medicine and other such regulating bodies
- Ability to adjust responsibilities to accommodate a fast-paced work environment while maintaining excellent customer service and staff interactions
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine
- Current medical license in the state of practice, a state controlled substance, and a Federal DEA license with no restrictions
- Licensed by the State Board of Medical Examiners and Board certified in a specialty field of medicine
- Knowledge of basic ER, internal medicine, generalist, occupational medicine, and family practice procedures
- A minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, or ambulatory care setting strongly preferred
If interested, send your CV and contact information. I look forward to hearing from you.
(register or log in to show contact information)