- Length of Shifts (Docs and APPs): 8 and 10 hour shifts
- Hours of Physicians : 26
- Scheduled shifts (equitable distribution of days/nights/weekends) Schedules out 3 months in advance. Few night shifts
- Weekends per month, nights per month: equitable distribution
- Holidays: Equitable distribution
- Vacation requests: Vacations requests by written form, priority is given to these requests
- Patients per hour: 1.5-2.0
- Committees: full-time physicians expected to participate in hospital medical staff activities, including committees. Minimal.
- Hours per month/annual: 120/1440
- BCEM Physicians Only
- Prefer 2-3 Year Contracts
- Annual Volume: 15,000
- % Peds or Peds Volume (if separate Peds ED): <5%
- Admission Rate (level of acuity): 30%
- In-house Specialists: Hospitalist, Intensivist
- # of ED beds: 16
- # of hospital beds: 120
Community opportunity with possible clinical academic appointment (Dept of Surgery, University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine), and clinical teaching of medical students and IM/Transition residents on rotation in ED.
Honolulu is a large cosmopolitan city of a million people, with distinct neighborhoods and plenty of cultural influences. Enjoy summer year-round in the state that gave us surfing and triathlon, hike ancient trails and breathe cool trade winds, and exhale in paradise. Honolulu International Airport gives easy access to US mainland, Asian, and Polynesian destinations. Honolulu is home to top-tier schools and tons of activities for growing families. Kuakini Medical Center is in metro Honolulu, a short walk to Chinatown and the Downtown business area, government offices, and Honolulu Harbor. The hospital is over 100 years old and has deep and meaningful ties to the community. The hospital motto, "Caring Is Our Tradition", is a value that we all share at Kuakini.