Specialty: Interventional Cardiology
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Traditional work week M-F, plus consults & rounding.
Call: 1:4 Shared equitably with other Interventional Cardiologists, plus opportunity for paid excess call.
Salary and Benefits:
•Student Loan Repayment
•PTO & CME Allocation
•Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
Practice Highlights: Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) is a physician led and accountable 450+ provider multispecialty group seeking an Interventional Cardiologist to be part of a 7-member cardiology group practice in Nampa: 3 Interventional Cardiologists, 3 Invasive Cardiologists and a Nurse Practitioner. The Saint Alphonsus Heart Center in Nampa includes 2 cath labs with peripheral capabilities, a cath prep & recovery unit, a 10-bed Cardiac Medical Unit, nuclear medicine, echo, EKG diagnostics and a Cardiac Recovery Unit. With quick access to full service emergency and heart care services, Saint Alphonsus has the only 24/7 interventional cath lab in Canyon County, and is the fastest growing cardiology program in the region. Procedures performed include: Diagnostic Adult Cardiac Catheterization, Percutaneous Coronary Interventions, Balloon Angioplasty, Coronary and Vascular Stent Placements, Permanent Pacemakers, Coronary Thrombectomy, Transesophageal Echocardiography, Peripheral Vascular Angiography, Peripheral Vascular Interventions, Intravascular Ultrasound, Intracardiac Ultrasound, Cardioversion and Tilt Table Studies. All clinical staff are ACLS certified and many have additional cardiovascular certifications. The Nampa practice is part of a larger, employed and integrated 15 member Cardiology team reaching across the health system.
Support: Interventional Radiology, Cardio MRI, 3 Endoscopy suites and radiology available M-F (on call weekends and holidays). Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise (15miles) provides Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery, Trauma and Neurosurgery. SAMG has a network of 74 primary and specialty care clinic locations. E.D. The cardiac cath lab is a staffed with board-certified cardiologists, registered nurses, radiology techs and cardiovascular technologists.
Community: Nampa, Meridian and Boise anchor this vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 690,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast’s paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho's culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play!
Saint Alphonsus Health System is a growing four-hospital, 714-bed, 74 clinic integrated healthcare system serving southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Saint Alphonsus Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic not-for-profit health systems in the nation. To learn more about Saint Alphonsus, please visit www.saintalphonsus.org. The ideal candidate will commit to patient care while demonstrating and modeling our organization’s Mission, Vision and Values.
To submit your CV, or for more information, contact Jason Schultz at (register or log in to show contact information) or (208) 302-9132.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree.
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency and cardiovascular disease fellowship program.
- Board certification in Cardiovascular Diseases through the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM) with certification of special qualification (CSQ) in Interventional Cardiology - or obtain certifications within 3 years of employment.
- Unrestricted full license in Idaho and Oregon to practice medicine in all its phases
- Obtain Idaho medical licensure and granting of privileges at SAMC- Nampa, SARMC - Boise and other health system affiliated hospitals as needed; valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
- Secure appropriate hospital medical staff privileges to include Stents, IVUS, Interventional left and right heart catheterizations, electrocardiograms, holter and echocardiogram interpretation, stress treadmill testing & supervision, stress echos, and pacemaker implantations and checks. Nuclear cardiology skills are welcome but not required. Echo board certification is also not a requirement. Interventional treatment of peripheral vascular disease is also available.