General Surgery Program Director to lead the hospital in the development and implementation of a new General Surgery Residency Program. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up.
Job Quick Facts
· BC General Surgeon
· 5 years’ experience as an Associate or Program Director
· Leadership and Administrative experience
· 50/50 split with Administrative and Teaching responsibilities
· Authority and accountability for the operation of the General Surgery residency program
· Development of curriculum, policies, and procedures for the program
· Obtaining and maintaining ACGME accreditation and state approval
· Recruiting residents into the program and developing evaluation process for performance
· Participating in competency evaluations of residents
· Additional responsibilities to ensure program of excellence
· Excellent compensation package
· Comprehensive insurance package
· Relocation Assistance and Sign on Bonus
· Paid Time Off
· 401k and CME allowance
· Top healthcare provider in northeast Florida.
· Full-service, acute-care hospital with 300+ inpatient beds
· Residency program includes physicians in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Dermatology and a Transitional Year Program which focuses on subspecialties. The programs vary from 1-4 years in length.
· Considering additional programs for the future which they anticipate will bring their residency population to 100 residents by the year 2020.
· Low cost of living, high quality of life and wonderful climate
· Florida has No State Income Tax
· Growing population of young professionals; and trailing spouses are in luck because Forbes ranked Jacksonville in the "Top 10 Best U.S. Cities to Find a Job." Jacksonville was ranked in the top 10 of Mobility magazine’s "Best Cities for Relocating Families."
· Top-ranked K - 12 schools and excellent colleges and universities.
· Known for its outdoor recreation opportunities.
· 90 miles of beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the majestic St. Johns River.
· A short drive away is the home of the PGA Tour and The Players Championship (TPC) which are played at TPC Sawgrass, home of the famous 17th-hole island green.
· Another short drive to Amelia Island; named among the top 10 North American islands by Conde Nast Traveler’s Reader’s Choice Awards.
· Elegant shopping and fine dining