Physicians & Physician Extenders Needed to Provide Telemedicine Orthotic Care to the Medicare Population
Work from home or anywhere in the country that offers phone and internet access
We are seeking to expand our provider network for our Medicare DME Telehealth division.
MUST possess PECOS certification
PECOS for Physicians and Non-Physician Practitioners
- Certification Requirements: Physicians and Practitioners must be Medicare providers and must possess PECOS certification.
- Description of your patient: Our Medicare patients are seeking non-narcotic pain alternatives. Many of the patients have either had surgery or have pain in their back or extremities and desire some type of brace to help them stay active. They are looking for access to a physician via telehealth to discuss treatment options and receive proper care.
- Description of your role: You will be providing Orthotic Telehealth exams for Medicare patients to certify medical necessity (or not) based on your assessment. DMERX software will be used to assist in compile a CMN. There is never any pressure for a prescription, as you speak with the patient, you will decide whether an orthotic is medically necessary.
Each consultation will include:
- Reviewing each patient's medical history provided to you by our clients before the consult.
- Contacting the patients via phone and reviewing their medical history along with the products they are seeking.
- Digitally signing their order/prescription after consult is completed upon your approval.
Consultations: Each consult will run around 15 to 20 minutes per patient at first, but 8-10 minutes once they become familiar with the software and process. Providers can set their own schedule and see patients when they are available. Calls can be made anytime Mon-Fri: 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM and Sat/Sun: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Consults are currently by phone but can be video capable should state regulations require.
- Must have an active license in good standing.
- A state license required in the state that you are providing telemedicine care.
- No DEA Registration required.
- Provide 10 minute Orthotic Consults to Medicare patients over the phone.
- Supplement your current income by earning $20 per 10 minute consult.
- Provider paid as an independent contractor on a 1099 basis.
- Work part time or full time.
- Medicare will assign non-emergency calls that you will need to respond to by phone within a 24-48 hour period.
- You can respond to assigned patient calls M-F from 8 am to 9 pm or on weekends from 9 am to 9pm.
- Work at your own pace.
- Uncapped income potential based on work ethic.
- Medicare Portal and software in place to provide quality of care consults in a timely manner.
- Once enrolled in the Medicare Portal you are assigned patients based on your availability.