STG International is seeking qualified candidates for the Psychiatrist position to provide care to our patients at the Veterans Affairs Community Based Outpatient Clinic. STG International is in an active bidding process for this position which is contingent upon STG International, Inc. being awarded the contract.
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and or granted privileges.
- Prescribes and monitors psychiatric medication treatment services including monitoring the side effects of medication and/or adverse reactions.
- Offers comprehensive psycho-educational information with each medication/somatic treatment regarding the patient’s mental illness, emotional disturbance or behavior disorder, treatment goals, potential benefits and the risk of treatment, self-monitoring aids, and identifies support groups for therapeutic assistance.
- Utilizes the evidence-based algorithms for decision-making regarding patient assessment and medication management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from a school in the United States or;
- Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States as established by:
- The National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation (NCFMEA) and
- Permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine independently in the state in which the clinic is located. The license must be maintained in a permanent, full, and unrestricted status during the term of employment. Any changes to license must be reported to employer immediately.
- Board Certification by The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Inc. (ABPN) or, board eligible
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through the American Heart Association.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the indications and contraindications, complications and techniques in the various psychiatric treatment and diagnostic modalities.
- Ability and proficiency to properly use equipment, materials and supplies in simple diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- Teaching experience acknowledging a level of expertise and capacity for developing and accessing clinical educational programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records, web based training and communications.
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.