MAKING HEALTHCARE WORK BETTER™
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE.
EmCare has hundreds of job opportunities at healthcare facilities nationwide, one of which is bound to be right for you. Perhaps this is it! If not, search all our jobs (full-time, part-time, independent contractor and locum tenens) at EmCare.com.
EmCare is seeking Full-time Emergency Medicine Physicians at Saint Mary's Health System in Waterbury, CT.
Saint Mary's Hospital is a 347 bed acute care facility with 67,000 Emergency Department visits. The hospital has served Greater Waterbury and 14 surrounding communities for more than 100 years. Waterbury is only 33 miles southwest of Hartford, 77 miles northeast of New York City and has direct access to the Connecticut coastline, making it one of the most desirable places to live in the entire Northeast.
- 60 hours of physician coverage includes 10-18 hours of pediatric coverage per day
- 45 hours of Advanced Practice Provider coverage per day
- Houses the region's only pediatric emergency care unit
- Average 1.8-2 patients/hour
- Scribe coverage
- Advanced Practice Provider Academy starting in the Fall of 2016
- Great opportunity to work in a community hospital with some Teaching (Internal Medicine residents, Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellows, and Physician Assistant students)
- J1 & H1B Visa Eligible
Located in Waterbury, CT, this hospital offers the ideal location with direct access to New Haven, Hartford, and the Connecticut coastline as well as Boston, New York City, and the Berkshires. The area offers one of the strongest educational systems in the country including a number of renowned private preparatory schools in the Waterbury area as well as a number of colleges and universities located within a short distance of the city. Check out Cheshire, Southbury, and Woodbury, CT as an example of some of the great places to live in the area! Its family friendly neighborhoods offer picture-perfect playgrounds and supportive communities.
Benefits and Compensation
EmCare is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 12,000 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, EmCare is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with EmCare, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including:
- Physician-led organization
- Strong leadership on a local, regional and national level
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options
- "A" rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Colleague referral bonus program
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE. EmCare is a national physician-led practice management company. This publically held company provides outsourced clinical department recruitment, staffing, management and billing/collection services for hundreds of hospitals and health systems nationwide.
Known for its unique structure, EmCare develops local practices, supports them with regionally-located clinical leadership and operational personnel and provides them access to unprecedented national resources. Each EmCare practice has its own unique culture, but all sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the company's core values of being patient-focused, customer-centered and caregiver-inspired.
EmCare is a family of companies, each of which has clinical staffing needs. Full-time, part-time, and independent contractor opportunities are available through EmCare.
Candidates considering a career within the EmCare family of companies will find a variety of community types (from small towns to major urban areas), practice settings (small hospitals to major academic health systems), job levels (entry level to senior management), and competitive pay with exceptional benefits. Specialties supported include Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesia and Radiology/Teleradiology.
EmCare is proud to be an EOE/AA employer. EmCare. Making Healthcare Work Better .
To Apply Visit: https://www.emcare.com/careers/clinical-job-search/emergency-medicine-em-physician-waterbury-ct/5170?ci=123
Or Email: (register or log in to show contact information)