Hills & Dales General Hospital is an HFAP-accredited hospital located in Cass City, Michigan and is seeking a full-time Pediatrician to join an excellent team of friendly peers in an award-winning 25-bed critical access hospital. This is an employed position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The selected candidate will be licensed in the state of Michigan, a graduate of an ACGME/AOA-accredited residency program, ABFM Board Certified/Board Eligible. This opportunity will focus on delivering outpatient care to patients ranging from Infants to Young Adults and will include very minimal inpatient care.
Office Hours: Monday–Thursday: 9am-5pm & Friday: 9am-12pm (flexible)
Inpatient: On call required; call is minimal (less than 10 admissions per year)
- All physician clinics are designated Rural Health Clinics
- Physician will be accompanied by a Board Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Outpatient volume will be an average of 18–27 patients day
- Average Inpatient census is 7
- Opportunities to work with Medical Students
- 10 clinic locations including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, After Hours, General and Orthopedic Surgery
- EMR system is Epic
- Hills & Dales is an NHSC site for Federal Student Loan Repayment
- Covenant Hospital in Saginaw is our Tertiary Center
Cass City and the Thumb of Michigan
Cass City is a small rural town located about an hour east of Bay City/Saginaw and two hours north of Detroit, Michigan.
Cass City offers the feeling of a small town with the convenience of larger cities nearby. It is unique in its centralized location in Michigan's "thumb", as it offers a safe and friendly community with nearby access to beautiful Lake Huron as well as nearby access to Saginaw. You can finally have that smaller, low-stress, work/life balance that you have always dreamed of!
Due to our centralized location there are activities within driving distance to fit a variety of interests. If you enjoy the outdoors, we have all that nature has to offer, including fishing, hunting, beautiful beaches, kayaking/canoeing, jet skiing, boating, & golfing to name a few. If you enjoy city life, the nearby Saginaw/Bay area offers a variety of restaurants, shopping centers, and other entertainment. Only two hours away, Detroit provides endless city life opportunities.
Cass City community members enjoy a 9-hole golf course, movie theatre, and bowling alley. They also have a beautiful 82-acre park which includes numerous recreational activities such as a walking trail, basketball court, tennis court, softball fields, disc golf course, children's playscape, and an outdoor public pool for swimming. In less than an hour of driving they can also enjoy beautiful Lake Huron and numerous water sports. The thumb of Michigan offers sandy beaches and various hunting locations. If shopping is of interest, Frankenmuth and Birch Run are also less than an hour away.
Cass City is well known for its outstanding school system. The region is primarily an agricultural setting, but also supports many other industries. Local business owners are dedicated to keeping Cass City the vibrant, thriving community it is.
- Traditional Pediatrician practice (98% clinic, 2% hospital), without OB
- BE/BC in Pediatrics
- Excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent team-oriented care
- Must live within 45 minutes of practice location