The WJB Dorn VA Medical Center located in Columbia, SC is seeking a board certified/board eligible full-time Urologist.
* The staff Urologist is accountable to the Chief, Surgery Service, to provide the most effective delivery of Urological care throughout the medical center in compliance with VA and VHA Directives, American Urological Association standards, and The Joint Commission accreditation standards.
* Our busy outpatient clinics as well as operating room are capable of most urological procedures.
* The Urology Surgeon will examine, treat and provide consultative care to the urology patient needs for both inpatients and outpatients
* Physician will serve as attending physician on all urology operations with a level of supervision appropriate to the complexity of the case
* The Urologist will participate in and/or manage all aspects of a General Urology Program, to include clinical, administrative, academic, and research components if warranted as well as administrative components of patient care management
* In addition, he/she will provide surgical treatment for genitourinary injuries and diseases including major and minor procedures, stone management, urology consultations for inpatients and outpatients
* Participate in VA-approved cooperative research studies
* Performs other directly related duties as required
Salary Range: $225,000 to $300,00 per year
A recruitment/relocation incentive may be available to a highly qualified applicant
Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information. Participation is based on funds availability.
US citizenship: Must be a US citizen to apply for this position. Non-citizens will be considered if a US citizen cannot be found
Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in written and spoken English
Licensure: Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp