EmCare is searching for a Full-Time Emergency Medicine Physician to join our prestigious practice at Coliseum Northside Medical Center located in Macon, Georgia. This is an independent contractor status.
Macon's character is undoubtedly New Southern, a fascinating blend of progressive thinking and respect for history. Ideally situated in the Heart of Georgia, Macon offers convenient access to the entire world through Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and the port cities of Savannah, Brunswick, Charleston, and Jacksonville.
- 30,000 annual visits
- 24 hrs physician coverage (6a-6p, 6p-6a)
- APP coverage
- 30 hrs Sun-Tues: 8:30a-8:30p, 11a-11p, 2:30p-2:30a
- 24 hrs Wed-Sat: 8:30a-8:30p & 2:30p-2:30a
- 13-bed ED
- 10-bed ICU (typically 4-6 patients)
- Radiology with 24-hr reads (CT, MRI, X-Ray, US)
- Specialty Services: ORS, GS, U, CD, N (tele-stroke)
- 5,500-6,000 annual visits and anticipating growth
- 8-15 patients per day
- 2 dedicated rooms
- Shifts: 11a-11p
- Lacerations, broken bones, fevers, suturing, reductions, abscess and drainage
Coliseum Northside Hospital is part of the Coliseum Health System, a 350-bed network of hospitals serving the Macon and middle Georgia communities, which also includes Coliseum Medical Center.
Macon's character is undoubtedly New Southern, a fascinating blend of progressive thinking and respect for history. The diverse population of Macon maintains the steadfast course for a strong and safe community, continually looking to improve its impressive quality of life. Ideally situated in the Heart of Georgia, Macon offers convenient access to the entire world through Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and the port cities of Savannah, Brunswick, Charleston, and Jacksonville.
Benefits and Compensation
EmCare is a fun organization where everyone is encouraged to know and support one another, where laughter is a familiar background noise and where successes are shared. Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with EmCare, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including:
* Physician-led organization
* Strong leadership
* The support and resources you need to succeed
* “A” rated professional liability insurance
* Credentialing and enrollment support
* Extensive variety of locations – rural, suburban, urban – by the ocean, by the mountains
* Extensive variety of settings – small critical access facilities, major academic medical centers, children’s hospitals
* Safe and comfortable work environment
* Competitive production-oriented compensation
* Opportunities for professional development and career advancement
* Leadership, management and clinical skills education/training including CME programs
* Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options
* Colleague referral bonus program
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE. EmCare is the nation’s leading physician practice management company. The privately held company provides outsourced clinical department recruitment, staffing, management and billing/collection services for hundreds of hospitals and health systems nationwide.
Known for its unique structure, EmCare develops local practices, supports them with regionally-located clinical leadership and operational personnel, and provides them access to unprecedented national resources. Each EmCare practice has its own unique culture. But each one recruits and hires clinicians who share the company’s core values of being patient-focused, customer-centered and caregiver-inspired.
EmCare is a family of companies, each of which has clinical staffing needs. Full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available through EmCare.
Candidates considering a career within the EmCare family of companies will find a variety of community types (from small town to major urban areas), practice settings (small hospitals to major academic health systems), job levels (entry level to senior management), and competitive pay with exceptional benefits. Specialties supported include Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesia and Radiology/Teleradiology.
EmCare is proud to be an EOE/AA employer. EmCare. Making Healthcare Work Better.
Please See Job Description