MAKING HEALTHCARE WORK BETTER™
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE.
EmCare has hundreds of job opportunities at healthcare facilities nationwide, one of which is bound to be right for you. Perhaps this is it! If not, search all our jobs (full-time, part-time, independent contractor and locum tenens) at EmCare.com.
We are seeking a hospitalist physician for The Washington Hospital in Washington, PA.
The Washington Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit community hospital serving Washington and its surrounding communities since 1897. Features include; 239-bed hospital with a 17-bed Transitional Care Unit, a 16-bassinet Nursery and an 8 bed residential hospice. Washington is part of the Pittsburgh metro area and 30 minutes from the heart of Pittsburgh.
* Onsite care 84 hours a day, 7 days a week
* 26,505 Annual Patient Volume
* 72 hours of Physician coverage daily and 12 hours of midlevel coverage daily
* Physicians provide 60 hours of daytime coverage and 12 hours of night coverage
* Schedule offers three shifts from 7am-7pm, two shifts from 10am-10pm and one overnight shift from 7pm-7am.
* The Hospitalist Practice will average 75 patient encounters per day for an average of 15 encounters per shift
* The Washington Hospitalist Program offers a Closed ICU, No Procedures, a recent increase in coverage, and manageable patient load
* Each full time hospitalist will ideally provide 180 hours of clinical services per month
Washington, Pennsylvania has a population of almost 14,000 residents. Washington is part of the Pittsburgh metro area and 30 minutes from the heart of Pittsburgh. The area is perfect for outdoor activities such as hiking, boating, and fishing. The town is vibrant with the sights and sounds of festivals and the taste of great food. Dining, shopping and performing arts flourish on the county’s college campuses and throughout the community.
Benefits and Compensation
EmCare is a fun organization where everyone is encouraged to know and support one another, where laughter is a familiar background noise and where successes are shared. Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with EmCare, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including:
* Physician-led organization
* Strong leadership
* The support and resources you need to succeed
* "A" rated professional liability insurance
* Credentialing and enrollment support
* Extensive variety of locations - rural, suburban, urban - by the ocean, by the mountains
* Extensive variety of settings - small critical access facilities, major academic medical centers, children's hospitals
* Safe and comfortable work environment
* Competitive production-oriented compensation
* Opportunities for professional development and career advancement
* Leadership, management and clinical skills education/training including CME programs
* Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options
* Colleague referral bonus program
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE. EmCare is the nation's leading physician practice management company. The privately held company provides outsourced clinical department recruitment, staffing, management and billing/collection services for hundreds of hospitals and health systems nationwide.
Known for its unique structure, EmCare develops local practices, supports them with regionally-located clinical leadership and operational personnel, and provides them access to unprecedented national resources. Each EmCare practice has its own unique culture. But each one recruits and hires clinicians who share the company's core values of being patient-focused, customer-centered and caregiver-inspired.
EmCare is a family of companies, each of which has clinical staffing needs. In addition to fu ll-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available through EmCare, you can search locum tenens opportunities on this site that are offered through our locum tenens staffing partner - Qualitas™ Locum Tenens. Similarly, you can search opportunities that exist with our newly acquired company - Phoenix Physicians.
Candidates considering a career within the EmCare family of companies will find a variety of community types (from small town to major urban areas), practice settings (small hospitals to major academic health systems), job levels (entry level to senior management), and competitive pay with exceptional benefits. Specialties supported include Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Surgery, Anesthesia and Radiology/Teleradiology.
EmCare is proud to be an EOE/AA employer. EmCare. Making Healthcare Work Better .
To apply visit: http://www.emcare.com/CAREERS/CLINICAL-JOB-SEARCH/Inpatient-Services-Hospitalist---Physician-Washington-PA/6701?ci=666
Or Email: (register or log in to show contact information)
BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Practice