MAKING HEALTHCARE WORK BETTER™
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE.
EmCare has hundreds of job opportunities at healthcare facilities nationwide, one of which is bound to be right for you. Perhaps this is it! If not, search all our jobs (full-time, part-time, independent contractor and locum tenens) at EmCare.com.
The Hospitalist provides medical services to patients in an assigned area. *HeC*
* Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills.
* Promptly communicates significant changes in patient condition to Primary Care Provider and/or Specialist. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
* Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness of care provided to patients.
* Accepts patient referrals from other physicians.
* Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
* Coordinates coverage schedule in collaboration with others that will provide coverage 365 days per year.
* Provides coverage for unexpected absences or during exceptionally high patient volumes.
Education & Experience:
* Required: One year of clinical experience.
* Required: Graduate of an accredited school of medicine (M.D.) or osteopathic medicine (D.O.).
Licenses & Certifications:
* Required: Current licensure as a Physician in the state. Board certification by American Board of Medical Specialties in Internal Medicine within five years after completion of residency training.
CANDIDATE TYPE: MD, DO
VISAS ACCEPTED: No J1 or H1
EmCare is a fun organization where everyone is encouraged to know and support one another, where laughter is a familiar background noise and where successes are shared. Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with EmCare, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including: Physician-led organization Strong leadership The support and resources you need to succeed “A” rated professional liability insurance Credentialing and enrollment support Extensive variety of locations – rural, suburban, urban – by the ocean, by the mountains Extensive variety of settings – small critical access facilities, major academic medical centers, children’s hospitals Safe and comfortable work environment Competitive production-oriented compensation Opportunities for professional dev elopment and career advancement Leadership, management and clinical skills education/training including CME programs Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options Colleague referral bonus program *Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status
Required: Current licensure as a Physician in the state. Board certification by American Board of Medical Specialties in Internal Medicine within five years after completion of residency training.
Please See Job DEscription.