MAKING HEALTHCARE WORK BETTER™
Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE.
EmCare has hundreds of job opportunities at healthcare facilities nationwide, one of which is bound to be right for you. Perhaps this is it! If not, search all our jobs (full-time, part-time, independent contractor and locum tenens) at EmCare.com.
New Opportunity - JPS Level One Trauma Academic Facility
Full-time Nights Opening
537-bed acute care hospital, 30 primary and specialty care health centers, 19 school-based health centers, the county's only psychiatric emergency center and the county's only Level 1 Trauma Center. -65 bed Emergency Department (ED) occupying 38,000 square feet that opened to the public in 2008. John Peter Smith Hospital (JPS) is a Level 1 Trauma Center, Stroke Center, and Tertiary Care Referral Center serving Tarrant County and the surrounding area with a 200 mile radius.
* The ED provides care to almost 115,000 patients per year
* Approximately 20% of patients evaluated in the ED are admitted to the hospital
* Separate on site-Urgent Care Center-provides care for another 70,000 low acuity patients per year
* There is 86 hours of physician coverage daily. The Fast Track is staffed by NP's and PA's with 36 hours of daily coverage
* Zero ambulance diversion hours since 2008
* Resuscitation rooms equipped with digital radiography and articulating arm mounted ultrasound
* The ED is fully telemetry equipped
* Dual high speed CT scanners in the ED, adjacent to Trauma & Resuscitation-Area
* Fellowships: Academic, Administrative and Ultrasound
* New opportunities under development
The Department of Emergency Medicine (DEM) at John Peter Smith Health Network (JPS) is a leader in Emergency Medicine in the DFW Metroplex, serving at least one third of the 6 million persons living in the 12 counties which make up the DFW Metroplex.
It is the only Emergency Department in Tarrant County where every attending physician is Board Certified in Emergency Medicine. JPS is one of three Level I Trauma Centers in the DFW area. JPS is a Fully Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI capabilities by the Society for Chest Pain Centers, and is also one of only three JCAHO Certified Stroke Centers in the DFW Metroplex.
With a friendly population of over 650,000, Fort Worth is consistently ranked among the top places in the nation to work, live and do business by national magazines like Money, Fortune, and Newsweek. It is the fifth-largest city in the state of Texas, 18th-largest city in the United States, as well as the fastest growing large city in the nation from 2000-2006.
The city is home to major corporations like American Airlines, Lockheed-Martin, Bell Helicopter, Textron, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad, Pier 1 Imports and Radio Shack. Known as the city "where the west begins", Fort Worth embraces its cowboy heritage while moving forward with a revitalized downtown and major cultural attractions.
This opportunity is Independent Contractor Status (1099) for Physicians and Mid-level Providers.
To apply visit: http://www.emcare.com/CAREERS/CLINICAL-JOB-SEARCH/Emergency-Department-Physician---ED-Fort Worth-TX/JO000001799
Or email: (register or log in to show contact information)
BC/BE Emergency Medicine